Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTDoom Drives The 918 Spyder ( faster than Jay Leno , So There ! )

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LeatherFoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by boyko23
Best post ever!!! Thank you!

+1

Very wonderfully written.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot
Thanks for the wonderful post. I won't get a chance to test drive until end of the month.

Can you please share your thoughts on the 918 in comparison to the Huayra in regards to beauty, build quality etc. I personally have no interest in P1 or LF

Did you hear anything about output moving up to 918hp on production cars, and ring time of under 7.. ??

I think the wonderful thing is that this car has the potential to even perform better with age, as battery technology improves weight can be reduced... in my opinion that is amazing.

Cheers!
I think you will very much enjoy the drive . I certainly did a lot more than I was expecting .

I like Pagani but do not think they are currently able to engineer a car as well as Porsche or Ferrari . Yes the carbon is a work of art but put a Hauyrghh next to a LAf or 918 and I think they are a class above . I may be the wrong person to ask to be fair my opinion is not that high of companies like Koenniggseggsegsge et al .

You will love the quality of the 918 , that much is assured . It seems made out of moondust and pixiejuice sprinkled with rainbows and chocolate .

It really is a work of art .

Old 08-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by wtdoom
I think you will very much enjoy the drive . I certainly did a lot more than I was expecting .

I like Pagani but do not think they are currently able to engineer a car as well as Porsche or Ferrari . Yes the carbon is a work of art but put a Hauyrghh next to a LAf or 918 and I think they are a class above . I may be the wrong person to ask to be fair my opinion is not that high of companies like Koenniggseggsegsge et al .

You will love the quality of the 918 , that much is assured . It seems made out of moondust and pixiejuice sprinkled with rainbows and chocolate .

It really is a work of art .
Hahaha

Thank you for the response.
I can't wait for the test drive

Any truth to the rumored 2+2 918 ? I would hate for porsche to do that, but I can't see that happening.

Cheers!

Old 08-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LeatherFoot
Hahaha

Thank you for the response.
I can't wait for the test drive

Any truth to the rumored 2+2 918 ? I would hate for porsche to do that, but I can't see that happening.

Cheers!
Its a hoax ! There are a lot of weird and wonderful test cars , experimental vehicles etc lying around and its easy to get excited .
There will certainly be a mid engined car sitting above the 911 range though .

Old 08-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Its a hoax ! There are a lot of weird and wonderful test cars , experimental vehicles etc lying around and its easy to get excited .
There will certainly be a mid engined car sitting above the 911 range though .

Thanks again mate.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Really nice write up thanks!

Old 09-01-2013, 03:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Love the title of this thread, thanks for taking time making this great post and sharing with us

Old 09-01-2013, 04:27 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
bluewonder is an unknown quantity at this point
when you keep this car for 20 years and drive it?
what would it be worth?

Old 09-01-2013, 04:32 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Supersports is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a fantastic review and could show some of the motoring magazines a thing or two.
Interesting to hear your thoughts vs CGT.

I worked for Porsche for 4 years and took an order for a 918 from an existing CGT owner and he is saying the same things ref noise and feel. He is also from the uk so not sure if you know him. He also said the braking is the one thing he said was in a different leauge to anything he has driven.

I now work for another brand but this car is simply the most phenomenal piece of engineering.

A huge thanks for such a great review.

What spec are you going for?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using teamspeed

Old 09-01-2013, 04:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
So, this might be a very personal question which you don't have to answer:
Are you thinking about getting one?
If so (and in general) which spec would be your choice? How do you think about the Weissach package? Is it worth it?

Quick Reply: WTDoom Drives The 918 Spyder ( faster than Jay Leno , So There ! )