Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help buying GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Teamspeed Member
ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Help buying GT3RS

Hey guys,

Been looking for a GT3RS for a while now and I just saw this on ebay a couple days ago.

Porsche : 911 GT3 RS in Porsche | eBay Motors

The color and options are exactly what I want but I am a bit hesitant buying a car without seeing it in person (car is in South Carolina and I'm in California). Anyone here live near Clover, South Carolina who is willing to check the car out in person to make sure it is as advertised before I have a PPI done? I will repay the favor.

Also if anyone can pull up a carfax and/or if they know if this car in particular has any stories, I would very much appreciate it.

Last edited by ArDs; 08-04-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Member
dertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud of
Look for an all original RS instead.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dertub
Look for an all original RS instead.
I mean you know disrespect but I have no idea why this way of thinking exists. Its not just you its many many people that think this way???
I understand if the car had a weird body kit and twin turbo kit and 1000hp, that it would be a scary buy. This car has decent and sensible mods that add to its appeal and performance without making it less reliable or impractical to drive. Also it can all be put back to normal without any damage.
I would think this would be a much better buy than an all original, since someone already spent the money instead of me.
Sorry for my rant!
To the OP, yes buy it. You are getting an amazing amount of mods for 10cents on the dollar.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I don't really care for the mods and I plan to convert it back to stock as all original parts are included in sale. Like zzzspeed said, it's nothing that can't be changed back. I just want to make sure the car doesn't have any glaring problems when seen in person because you can never really tell just by looking at pictures.

Anyone ever bought a car without seeing it in person first?

Old 08-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ArDs
I don't really care for the mods and I plan to convert it back to stock as all original parts are included in sale. Like zzzspeed said, it's nothing that can't be changed back. I just want to make sure the car doesn't have any glaring problems when seen in person because you can never really tell just by looking at pictures.

Anyone ever bought a car without seeing it in person first?
Yes, bought my first Porsche sight unseen. Get a PPI through a dealer.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 PM
MEM
Teamspeed Rookie
MEM is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck! Nice seeing a fellow Armenian here.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:43 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
RAPID is on a distinguished roadRAPID is on a distinguished roadRAPID is on a distinguished road
It looks clean and lots of nice mods!

Old 08-05-2013, 04:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RAPID
It looks clean and lots of nice mods!
^ this, and it looks very nice, good luck with the hunt!

Old 08-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Chimi-Changa is on a distinguished roadChimi-Changa is on a distinguished road
Dealer PPI, and have them run a DME report showing potential over rev's.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i think u should fly out to see it. worth the trip.

Quick Reply: Help buying GT3RS