Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teamspeed First Drive: 2014 Porsche 911 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
I had originally wanted rhodium but I changed to GT silver. This car is going to be nuts.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mahzari
Thanks DJ!

Agreed. This is the best I could find:

Top left: Platinum Silver
Top right: GT Silver
Bottom left: Rhodium Silver
Bottom right: Classic Silver
Rhodium is the truest silver to my eyes.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sechsgang
I had originally wanted rhodium but I changed to GT silver. This car is going to be nuts.
NOOOOO GT is played out .. I have white but I can change I am thinking Rhodium now

Old 08-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
NOOOOO GT is played out .. I have white but I can change I am thinking Rhodium now
I was set on rhodium but I saw it at the dealer (on a 4s) and honestly I didnt love it. Ive always loved GT silver and never went for it...so Im doing it. Plus, Ill only have this car till the RS comes out...and then Im doing PTS Grey/black. Plus, my buddies CGT is GT silver here and we go out driving a bunch, it'll be cool lol. Light homo, but cool.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
phunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond repute
I really like the shots of the Rhodium Silver GT3, but would probably opt for GT Silver if it was me. Which it isn't. But I can dream.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
rickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished road
quicker ?

Originally Posted by GTCole
Nice write up. Looking forward to this car. I know a bunch of people are upset on the PDK thing, but 475 HP and PDK are faster than even the 4.0. Before the rocks get thrown, I'm aware there is more to it than that, but to win means faster times.
I'm not sure that the 991 GT3 is absolutely faster than RS 4.0.
times measured (Nurbugring) with the 991 GT3 are with DUNLOP tires or with MICHELIN SPORT CUP II tires.
It is not the tires with which the RS 4.0 was measured.
I think Porsche is not very honest.
They do not want to offend the owners RS 4.0 but they do not want to discourage either buyers 991 GT3.
So they maintain confusion.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
grant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rickman_fr
I'm not sure that the 991 GT3 is absolutely faster than RS 4.0.
times measured (Nurbugring) with the 991 GT3 are with DUNLOP tires or with MICHELIN SPORT CUP II tires.
It is not the tires with which the RS 4.0 was measured.
I think Porsche is not very honest.
They do not want to offend the owners RS 4.0 but they do not want to discourage either buyers 991 GT3.
So they maintain confusion.
Good point and the 4.0 should definitely be faster in a straight line (more power, more torque, less weight) in most situations (where gearing and shift speed don't overcome the 4.0's inherent advantages).

Old 08-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Rhodium is the truest silver to my eyes.
Agreed. By the way, if I were getting a GT3 I'd be stuck in the exact same place you are. I'd either want:

White / PCCB / gray rims
Rhodium / red brakes / gray rims

They both look amazing and I can't decide which would look better in person.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
My TT is GT silver, do it!!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Did anyone know that US deliveries have been kicked back?

Quick Reply: Teamspeed First Drive: 2014 Porsche 911 GT3