Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 shift speed??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Mash430 is on a distinguished roadMash430 is on a distinguished roadMash430 is on a distinguished roadMash430 is on a distinguished roadMash430 is on a distinguished road
991 GT3 shift speed??

As we all know by now from Andreas Preuninger, the new 991 gt3 shift times are below 100milliseconds. But he also states in his Evo interview that the 991 gt3 shift times are quicker then any street sports car with number plates on it!

That does not make any sense to me since all the below mentioned cars shift quicker then 100 milliseconds!

GTR = 20 milliseconds
458 = 40 milliseconds
Aventador = 50 milliseconds
430 Scud = 60 milliseconds

Does anyone know exactly what are the shift times in milliseconds for the new 991 gt3??

Old 07-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Andreas is a marketing man. Don't believe a word they say. That said buy a turbo.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That's a good question! What's your source for the GTR and the 458? I don't believe the GTR number and the 458 takes 50 as far as I know!

Old 07-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Mash430 is on a distinguished roadMash430 is on a distinguished roadMash430 is on a distinguished roadMash430 is on a distinguished roadMash430 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
That's a good question! What's your source for the GTR and the 458? I don't believe the GTR number and the 458 takes 50 as far as I know!
I am 100% sure!

I own a 430 Scuderia, and I know that it shifts in 60 milliseconds ( single clutch ).

The 458 Italia does it in 40 milliseconds ( double clutch )

I remember reading an article about the GTR, it mentioned that it only takes 20 milliseconds shifts ( double clutch )

As far as I know, the quickest single clutch car is the Aventador, 50 millisecond shifts.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
They a all fooking fast to be honest. Double clutch just that bit smoother

Old 07-09-2013, 04:04 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
20 milli for the PCar 918. Because that extra 20 mili matters. Are your lap times dropping by a few milliseconds.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 07-09-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If u wanna be exact: yes they are! If you shift up twenty times per lap in a 458 and in a 430 - which means gaining 100ms for every upshift - you gain 2 seconds each lap. I know other factors might reduce this benefit but still your laptimes drop a little!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
grant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished road
If u wanna be exact: yes they are! If you shift up twenty times per lap in a 458 and in a 430 - which means gaining 100ms for every upshift - you gain 2 seconds each lap. I know other factors might reduce this benefit but still your laptimes drop a little!
This is wrong, and a common error. Shift time does not directly affect laptime like that. The time a car takes to shift is time missing from acceleration (not change of position on the track). The car is continuing to coast during the shift (it is slightly slowing due to wind resistance, rather than accelerating if it was finished shifting).

So, the increase in laptime would be dependent upon the change in average speed over the course of the shift and the length of the shift time. Both the change in speed over 100ms and that short shift time account for a very minor lengthening of the lap time.

The only way that shift speed would directly accumulate to the laptime is if the car were to stop dead in its tracks during the shift and then resume its former speed immediately upon completing the shift.

The actual effect on laptime of a 100ms shift is a small percentage of that time (worse on a turbocharged car, due to loss of boost that must be regained in the next gear).

Last edited by grant; 07-09-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
Bench racing at its finest!

Old 07-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
20 milli for the PCar 918. Because that extra 20 mili matters. Are your lap times dropping by a few milliseconds.
Pretty much sums up the dumb-ness that is absolute obsession with shift time.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 shift speed??