Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL on my 997 GT2

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
unique is on a distinguished roadunique is on a distinguished road
CEL on my 997 GT2

So I have had the car for about 6 months and put on 3k miles on her. I currently have a CEL. Hope I can get some input from the pros. Here is my prior history:

Since I got the car, I did not wait, and modded it. GIAC tune, 100 hfl cat, ipd plenum and ipd y pipe, gt2 rs intercoolers, and brvs.

The tune I have has a 100 octane race option which I can switch out to pump mode. Last week my car died because of no fuel. It has been running fine ever since and has had no issues. Today I start the car and the CEL is on. My car has 5k miles, and the mods are very light. What are possible causes of the CEL?? Would it be possible if the CEL came from me accidentally driving the car in Race mode (100oct) while having 91 octane in it? I dont think so, because the car was running fine all last week till now. Even with the CEL currently on I floored it and it seems fine. Any input would be appreciated, let me know what you guys think.

D

Old 06-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
My money is on the high flow cats as the culprit. Did you hook it up to an OBDII scanner and check the codes?

Old 06-08-2013, 01:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with bonehead.. the cats/exhaust seems to be the most common reason for CELs in the GT2.. read the CEL and tell us what it is

Old 06-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
These guys are right. When I got my 200cel cats, they told me if I ran 100octane that it would set off a CEL. Since your car seems to be running fine, then that further indicates it is nothing serious just a code you need to have cleared from the CATS and the octane.

I have similar options except for the IPD plenum, y-pipe, and rs intercoolers. Do you really feel they are needed. I feel my car is already night and day faster than it was at stock.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
unique is on a distinguished roadunique is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
These guys are right. When I got my 200cel cats, they told me if I ran 100octane that it would set off a CEL. Since your car seems to be running fine, then that further indicates it is nothing serious just a code you need to have cleared from the CATS and the octane.

I have similar options except for the IPD plenum, y-pipe, and rs intercoolers. Do you really feel they are needed. I feel my car is already night and day faster than it was at stock.
I think they are great additional mods. The y pipe simply allows for more flow, and same with the larger inlet openings in the upgraded plenum. The rs intercoolers are great as well, they allow for better cooling.

I may be wrong regarding the mods, anyone else want to chime in?

Old 06-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
M3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enough
get a code reader or durametric and read the codes, impossible to guess.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Def cats I'd say. Those things throw CELs on everything.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
100 octane and high flow cats will definitely do it. Just get a reader and clear the code.