Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 991 GT2 Speculation Begins

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Looking forward to it
Same here!

7100 trouble free 4.0 mile BTW.
Second owner, mostly track miles.

Cant speak for the GT2RS in terms of track fun, but those who have owned and tracked both told me to stick with 4.0.

Oil galley plugs falling out was a real problem on the 4.0, Air intake butterfly getting sucked in is a problem if your car has a bad part, this is no different from the 3.8RS.

Not interested in PDK.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Milanno
I am finishing GT3 RS renders. You will be shocked with results!
Hey, your renders were always beautiful...if youre convinced about the 991 GT3...what can there be to be shocked?

Old 05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I saw on another Forum that speculation on the GT2 is that is has 562 HP. And I understand it having less power so as not to compete with the 918. But I can't imagine they are making a car with less HP than the GT2RS in my garage. That seems a little crazy. Not to mention it has mods and around 700 HP. Why the hell would I get a GT2?

Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Cole, you're not getting a 991 Gt2, you're getting a 918 ;-)

But I still think you should add a perfect cgt to your stable and call it a day --- for now :-)!

Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
LOL. Yes sir DJ. I was actually making a comment about the speculation and the HP claims. That's the part I don't get. How do they not build a 620 HP car again? The one thing about all these 911 claims and which is the "last one" are interesting. If you get down to it, the GT2RS is the last car with the 3.6 Mezger engine. The ultimate engine. IMHO.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
I saw on another Forum that speculation on the GT2 is that is has 562 HP. And I understand it having less power so as not to compete with the 918. But I can't imagine they are making a car with less HP than the GT2RS in my garage. That seems a little crazy. Not to mention it has mods and around 700 HP. Why the hell would I get a GT2?

Nothing to do with the 918 .
The gt2 rs will be released much earlier than last time in the 991's life cycle and have just over 620 hp .
The " standard " 991 gt2 will have less power .

Old 05-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Gran turismo Lover is on a distinguished roadGran turismo Lover is on a distinguished roadGran turismo Lover is on a distinguished roadGran turismo Lover is on a distinguished roadGran turismo Lover is on a distinguished roadGran turismo Lover is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DJ
Attachment 121439
Can the next-gen GT2 really be as awesome as the outgoing model?

2014 991 GT2 Speculation Begins

Last week Porsche dropped the all-new 991 based Turbo models on us and within moments the web was a buzz with speculations on the next GT2 and GT2RS. UK based Autocar recently shared their predictions about the upcoming harder-core Turbo models that not only will we see the new GT2 next year in Geneva, but it will feature the new four-wheel steer system just as in the GT3.

They predict the next-gen GT2 will carry over the same 552 bhp twin-turbo powerplant from the new Turbo S, and be offered with its dual-clutch automatic gearbox. We would surely expect to see a bump in bhp but its anyones guess as of now, and by the way don't get your hopes up for a manual because it's most likely not happening.

Autocar also goes on to note an 620 bhp RS version should be revealed during 2015.

Stay tuned for more info soon.

Source [Auotcar]

Old 05-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
If we look back at all our past speculations of future cars, we would find that we are rarely even close. When I joined the forum guys were speculating the MP4, 997.2TTS, 997.2GT3RS, etc. When those cars were released the reality was far from our speculation.
We speculate <560hp, lets see.