Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 991 GT2 Speculation Begins

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
I am not expecting anything spectacular after 991 Turbo/S release. GT2 will follow visual marks of Turbo which I dont like, and power output will be far from what I was expecting (almost 700hp from RS). I understand Porsche`s moves, since their top model 918 is pretty "weak" hybrid if I can say like that.

On other hand new GT3 is real masterpiece and I expect even more amazing results with RS.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Crash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GTCole
Gotta have it first. Not sure when or where at this point until Germany says date, etc.
Yeah, I'm in for this.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura about
Per the first post...that can't be true.
If it has same engine/hp, same PDGhey gearbox, same PCCB, then why buy a GT2 ?
Only diff will be 2wd vs. 4wd.
At least on the Turbo S you can have a sunroof and choice of interior color other than hot/dark/cheap looking black.

Surely they will differentiate it with more hp, real sport buckets, lighter weight, etc.

Bill

Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I agree Bill.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The 997 GT2RS is the last 911...

Old 05-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!turbodickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Agreed the GT2 RS is really the last 911

Old 05-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Considering the 4.0 was after, I'm betting a few people disagree.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
^^ yup 2rs doesn't even come close in my book

Old 05-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
AlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond repute
With all the engines that has problems with the 4.0 I am not sure I want one.. On my last trip to Germany, I think it was 2-3 more of them that stopped.. The car is great to drive, but don't like the problems with the engine. The % of cars with engine problems is getting high.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Dyna
^^ yup 2rs doesn't even come close in my book
That's a personal preference just like the motor problems comment as well. Both are great cars and different. I didn't have motor problems on my 4.0, and I also love both the 2RS's I've had. Try em, you'll like em.

Quick Reply: 2014 991 GT2 Speculation Begins