Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPC Racing Ready for Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 12:14 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Harris@TPCRacing You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!

(May 6, 2013) Jessup, MD – The TPC Racing team has finished up the final touches on the 36 and 37 TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson / Merkle Porsche GT3 Cup cars in preparation for Laguna Seca. After back-to-back wins for the 36 car of Michael Levitas and back-to-back second place finishes for David Williams in the 37 car, the TPC Racing team is ready to take that momentum forward to Monterey, California for round three and four of the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama series.

TPC Racing has done a great deal in regards to preparation for Laguna Seca to keep the 36 and 37 cars of Michael Levitas and David Williams up front. Both Michael and David are excited to take on Laguna Seca as it is a fun and challenging circuit.

“I always enjoy racing at Laguna Seca,” stated TPC Racing team owner and driver Michael Levitas. “2011 was the last time I raced at Laguna Seca and I did well. After starting the season on such a high note, I am ready to work with my teammate David Williams and keep our TPC Racing / Porsche of Towson / Merkle GT3 Cup cars up front.”

“This will be my first time at Laguna Seca,” stated David Williams, driver of the 37 entry. “Working with Mike (Levitas) and Randy Pobst to get me up to speed will be great, and from there, I know that the TPC Racing team will deliver a car that I can run at the front of the field with as I did at Sebring for rounds one and two.”

Also during the Laguna Seca event, TPC Racing will be taking delivery of the teams new 997.2 GT3 Cup that will run in the Platinum class later on in the season as well as a few races in GTC with the ALMS series. The team has been working closely with Kevin Buckler and his TRG organization on the build of the new car for TPC Racing.

“Our TPC Racing team is thrilled to be taking delivery of our new 997.2 GT3 Cup during the Laguna Seca weekend,” stated Michael Levitas. “It has been an amazing build and Kevin Buckler and the TRG team have done a fantastic job getting the car assembled. Knowing Kevin and the TRG team, I know we will be taking delivery of a car that we will be able to put into the fight at the front of the field in both the Platinum class and the GTC class in ALMS.”

With taking delivery of the 997.2 GT3 Cup from a top organization like TRG, and when running the endurances races with the ALMS series, the TPC Racing team could not think of a better organization to field the car with than TRG.

“We are so excited to have TPC Racing and Mike Levitas joining us for several select events this year running with the ALMS GTC class", stated TRG team owner Kevin Buckler. "Mike and I have known each other for over 20 years and we have been good competitors and good friends as well--- which is some the best part of racing. He has done a fantastic job with his racing programs and his business model and when the opportunity came for us to join forces and do a few races together we both immediately said...LETS DO IT!! We are really looking forward to putting a solid program together and hopefully a few podiums or wins and sharing a little champagne after it's all over..."

On another high note, the TPC Racing team would like to welcome new sponsors and supporters to the team for the 2013 season. The team has just signed Porsche of Towson to join the TPC Racing / Merkle team. As well, the team has CrunchDaddy Popcorn and Metro Pawn on board and the team is thrilled with the support.

About TPC Racing:

TPC Racing is the Mid-Atlantic’s premier maintenance, service, tuning and modification center dedicated solely to Porsche sports cars. This long time focus on only one make, Porsche, has enabled us to become experts in Porsche service, tuning and racing.

TPC Racing has its roots in the IMSA Supercar Series of the late 1980’s and early 1990s, where team owner and driver Michael Levitas managed the turbocharger programs that gave the fire-breathing Nissan 300ZX, Mazda RX7 Twin Turbo, Lotus Turbo Esprit and Consulier GTPs their prodigious power.

By combining a lifetime of automotive enthusiasm, business experience and technical skill with advanced aeronautical training and certifications, Levitas has managed to extend the engineering of some for the most advanced and well-regarded machines in existence – Porsche race cars.

About Porsche of Towson:

Porsche of Towson is Baltimore's only exclusive Porsche center. That means that our Porsche staff is 100% dedicated to the Porsche brand and nothing else. They will be able to assist you with all of your Porsche needs. On behalf of the entire Priority 1 Automotive Group family of dealerships, welcome to Porsche of Towson. We look forward to meeting all of your Porsche needs.

Porsche of Towson is a part of the Priority 1 Automotive Group which is a family owned and operated group of dealerships. As a family dealership, the family's reputation in the community is of the utmost importance. Therefore, there is a tremendous focus on providing exceptional customer service. With a brand new state-of-the-art Porsche dealership (completed in 2010), the most elite and experienced group of client advisors for sales and service, and a highly trained team of service and support personnel, your sales and service experience is assured of being second to none. Our clients appreciate the way we do business. We know you will too!

About Merkle:

Merkle is the nation's largest and fastest-growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency. For more than 20 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Employing data-driven strategies, Merkle combines a complete range of marketing, technical, analytical and creative disciplines to offer complete integrated customer marketing solutions. With a strategically led, consultative approach, we work closely with clients to design, execute and continuously evaluate CRM programs throughout the buying cycle, across channels and media.

About CrunchDaddy Popcorn:

CrunchDaddy Popcorn makes “Popcorn Unusual!™”, an array of sweet and savory inventions that take the sophisticated snacker beyond the common recipes for caramel, kettle and cheese popcorn. All CrunchDaddy Popcorn flavors are available on-line through their website, CrunchDaddy Popcorn*| Gourmet Popcorn