Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great news for all 918 fans! [BLOWN AWAY AT WEISSACH!]

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Great news for all 918 fans! [BLOWN AWAY AT WEISSACH!]

Im bringing you quoted impression from FXEFFECTS (FChat). MUST READ!

Visited Weissach (porsche development centre) this week to spec my car and i now realise how wrong so many have been to dismiss the 918.

I have now seen THE FIRST full production car and it is astounding. The prototypes that have been shown in US and the middle east and the clay car shown at Goodwood in the UK are only a precursor of what is to come.

The engineering and quality and finish of the car make the La fer and P1 and the other crop of hyper cars out there look mediocre. I have studied all three in the flesh closely.

All the numbers we will be significantly better than those released to date. HP(795) WILL BE UP SUBSTANTIALLY(875?). Weight will be down. Ring time of <7m will happen.

Its a targa, it will travel at 150 kms on electric alone and steers with all four wheels. This car will without doubt provide the incredible driving sensation.

I was blown away!

The only car not yet official is the 918 and it will become so in Frankfurt in September.

Porsche have played a clever game here as most people think they know what this car is all about and its not in the mix. Well not only have they gained on the pack from what i saw but they have another six months to refine the car and enhance performance .
Ferrari and Mac have fixed as of Geneva.

I am in no way biased as i have ordered all 3 cars. But the big surprise will be the German car for sure.

Last edited by Milanno; 03-27-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great stuff!

And owning all of 3 must be the ultimate dream come true!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I have spoken with Porsche about the car. And about considering a custom build to my specs. That will come later. HP will be over 800 HP. Each car is costing Porsche more to build than the price tag. At present, they are building the car in 2014. Period. They have sold 50% of the 918 production.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by koizu
And owning all of 3 must be the ultimate dream come true!
Yeah. He is great guy, down to earth & huge automotive fan. I like to read his posts!

--

Thanx Cole! We always get direct inputs from you

Last edited by Milanno; 03-27-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I am considering the car under a few circumstances. I won't talk about some info, but I have asked for a one off production car. Others have asked for many custom options. Apparently Porsche is custom building the cars to everyone's needs. I'm not really a street car person, so my needs and requests are different.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by GTCole
I am considering the car under a few circumstances. I won't talk about some info, but I have asked for a one off production car.
I think you are right person for one-off track oriented 918 , since you will use it in proper way. Cant wait to hear more about your idea when right time comes!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
i think its safe to say i agree

Name:  IMG_2058.jpg
Views: 2358
Size:  141.4 KB

Old 03-28-2013, 05:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
I am very excited to see the final release, our dealer still has an allocation available.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Milanno
Im bringing you quoted impression from FXEFFECTS (FChat). MUST READ!

Interesting..on the weight however, Mr Hatz made already a clear statement in an article shown here in he TS thread on the "La ferrari"..weight will be significantly higher than the P1 and la Ferrari..so the question has to be what is "significantly"..I hope they can reduce the weight...but the car is in its final specification..almost no room for changes..

Lets see..I agree the design is from all three supercars the best..but the rest..is not my cup of tea..

PS: GTCole said now no car before 2014 (?)..I still though that Frankfurt 2013 will be the release day..first ones for customers in late 13..

Last edited by jumping_horse; 03-28-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Interesting..on the weight however, Mr Hatz made already a clear statement in an article shown here in he TS thread on the "La ferrari"..weight will be significantly higher than the P1 and la Ferrari. That user cant know it better then the head of development at Porsche..
I have full confidence in FXEFFECTS words. He didnt said that 918 will be lighter than P1 & LaThing. He said weight will be down (compared to mules I suppose).

Quick Reply: Great news for all 918 fans! [BLOWN AWAY AT WEISSACH!]