Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT 30000 kms

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
Manursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the rough
Carrera GT 30000 kms

Dear all ,

I have a question for CGT owners .
Do you have any idea about carrera GT engine reliability .
I would like to buy one , that has currently 30000 kms and think I will do 15000 kms before to sell it .
The car is fully revised just now with new clutch and so on .
Price is currently good (addapted to the mileage ) .
I just want to now what about the engine , alla the carrera GT I can see have less than 15000 kms ....

Thanks guys !

Old 03-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Plumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enough
A friend of mine has done around 26k km in his. No problems. These engines are very well built. Mine has done 11k km. No issues here (touch wood!)

Good luck with your purchase

Old 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
Post some pictures of this beast your looking at I haven't heard of any known issues regarding engine failure.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Manursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the rough
Thanks a lot in Europe prices begin to be very intersting in cars that have around this mileage .
Around 250 k€ for a car that a this mileage fully revised with new clutch

Old 03-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Duff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond reputeDuff Man has a reputation beyond repute
I know somebody who put 175k kilometers on his CGT so far. Still the first clutch. I think it's not how much you drive , more how you drive it !

Old 03-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Member
you mean 17.5K or 175 k???

Old 03-13-2013, 02:14 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I would buy one with 15,000KM and drive it from there. Your paying premium for a car that has mileage that low and has more things need to be replaced or could fail.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
Yes I'm thinking the same but we are speacking of a car that has 30000 km ( thatnis quiet new for other cars )and the v10 engine that produce around 610 hp , i m quiet confident .

Old 03-13-2013, 02:22 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
sorry i misread i thought the car you want has 3,000KM.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Manursr
Thanks a lot in Europe prices begin to be very intersting in cars that have around this mileage .
Around 250 k€ for a car that a this mileage fully revised with new clutch
If you want to sell it - let me know please. This car is without accidents etc.?

I would rather have C-GT and and a new boxster..than just a C-GT with 3000Kms..

Quick Reply: Carrera GT 30000 kms