Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 rs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 06:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dertub
Looks like the value of the 4.0 is going up as the last of the manuals.
I believe the same thing as you.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
well..even higher...I dont think so for now..they will jsut remain where they are...in 20 years I might be a different story though..by then indeed..they might have increased seriously..
Originally Posted by Marc
Agreed. I dont think they shoot up they just hold value. 4.0 is a special car.
6-8 months ago you could pick up a used 4.0 around MSRP with dilegent sleuthing and a little luck. Year-end they were going out in the $210k-$230k range. Last couple of sales were $240k-$260k.

Define up.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by nizer
6-8 months ago you could pick up a used 4.0 around MSRP with dilegent sleuthing and a little luck. Year-end they were going out in the $210k-$230k range. Last couple of sales were $240k-$260k.

Define up.
Yes..correct..I know that ..but what I was trying to say is that I dont think a 4.0 will even go higher then the 210-230 range..

My biggest mistake in life was not to trade in my 3.6 for the 4.0..it would have been a very good deal..my Porsche center made a very good price..and I fool didnt go for it..I thouhght only the GT2RS will have that special status.

Well, lesson learnt but I´m not willing to pay the current prices either..

Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
DPezz is an unknown quantity at this point
Lets forget about cost. How hard would a swap with the 7 speed be?

Old 03-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DPezz
Lets forget about cost. How hard would a swap with the 7 speed be?
I'm gonna go ahead and say it'd probably be easier to swap in a Mezger and a 6 speed.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Correct me if I'm wrong please, but aren't the 991s engines based off each other? Which would make me think everything would match up, right? The only pain of it would be the interior. I've seen vws do dsg to manual swaps. Granted that's a big difference.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
grant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished road
Don't forget that the gear ratios in the 7spd used in the Carrera are totally different than GT3...

Old 03-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
True, but couldn't that be solved with a computer tune somewhat? Just trying to be optimistic

Old 03-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DPezz
True, but couldn't that be solved with a computer tune somewhat? Just trying to be optimistic
No doubt that if money isn't an object, it can be done. However, if it were truly as easy as throwing a 7spd in there and adjusting ratios on a computer, I think there would be a factory option for a manual. Preuninger stated that this was a decision they had to make very early on, as the entire car would be designed around that transmission. So yes, basically the entire GT3 (engine, suspension, brakes, 4WS, throttle response, etc.) were all custom tailored to the PDK transmission.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
I actually don't know how i feel about the 4ws either. I haven't been all that happy with the 991 in general. I drove a c2s a couple weeks ago. Wasn't horribly impressed, just felt less involved. Drove a 997.1 gt3 a bit ago and loved it to pieces. Hope they have another option sometime.