Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 997 GT2RS with GT3 RS wing?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing thats "off" is the lack of airvent in the rear. I would think a Turbo would like extra venting..

Attached Images  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
I actually like it and think the baron uprights would do even better

Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
The Barron uprights look just right to me.
If anyone is interested I know of an RS wing for sale.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
It looks a little bit strange on a GT2..

Old 02-17-2013, 04:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Surprised everyone is obsessed with the looks, these are Porsche turbos, everything has a function (well most things, the sport chrono is a bit blingy)

Since the 993 GT2 the model has had the side intake vents on the rear spoiler, on the 993 they were to channel outside air through internal pipes to the intake with the main benefit being the temperature of the inatke air would not be affected by entering the engine compartment.

With the 996 GT2 came the idea of feeding the air into an airbox, on the 997 GT2 the carbon airbox is pretty well sealed against the engine lid so at speed the air in the box becomes pressurised and it contributes to relieving pressure on the turbos which gives greater efficiency especially at speed.

edit - here you go I found the factory explanation of my ramblings

Like the previous model, the engine of the new 911 GT2 has two ram air boxes to supply air. In the 911 GT2 (996), these openings were integrated in the vertical wing supports and guided the incoming air to the air cleaner via a shared air box integrated in the rear lid. In the new 911 GT2, this system has been enhanced and improved. The openings are now contained in separate air boxes that are integrated laterally into the wing supports. The openings now have a better position in the air flow and thereby increase their efficiency by increased ram pressure. After the air boxes, the incoming air is guided through two separate intake ports and directly to the air cleaner. This reduces flow resistance.
Ram air technology supports the engine’s air intake, especially at high speeds, by accumulating the air flowing around the vehicle. In the new 911 GT2 turbo engine, some strain is taken off the turbochargers by the slight increase in pressure in front of the compressors, and the exhaust gas backpressure and expulsion work of the pistons is reduced. As a result, the engine power is increased slightly.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Exactly - out of all the 911s, I think the 997 GT2 wing has a more specific role other than downforce. Replacing doesn't make any functional sense, other than looks, and even then it is lacking from the original look IMO.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
The Barron uprights look just right to me.
If anyone is interested I know of an RS wing for sale.
I bet I know someone..........shoot a PM.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PM sent.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Enrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enough
hope that GT3 RS wing don´t belong to the GT3 RS 4.0 stolen in Germany

Old 02-22-2013, 03:27 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
TulGTR is an unknown quantity at this point
obviously, it looks a bit strange on GT2

Quick Reply: Porsche 997 GT2RS with GT3 RS wing?!