Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know this GT3 RS 4.0?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Than all bets are off. Hoping for that and letting my deposit at the dealer for first in line when that happens.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
secretcollector is an unknown quantity at this point
Porsche seems awfully committed, quite publicly, to the PDK and end of the manual transmission. Regardless of what may happen down the road, that really isn't the point with the 997 4.0. This car represents the final evolution of a generation - both in body development, engine and transmission. All that follows, from the 991 well into the future, reflects new era in car development (i.e. sales). Bigger cars, more frills, and frankly, a more accessible car for a wider audience. Nothing wrong with this approach, all brands are going this way except for Lamborghini. Even if they strip the 991 down and drop a manual into for a very limited edition, it will be a much different car than what it replaced.

Look at it this way - of all marques selling for more than $1M at auction regularly, those garnering the highest prices are cars that inevitably are slower and simpler than models which replaced them later. This is the difference between collectibility and performance.

Ultimately, it's like sitting at the bar having beers with your friends and debating the greatest player or team of all time - it makes for great conversation but never settles anything. In this case, today, the proof is in the pudding - look around and see how many 4.0's are on the market globally - very, very few. See how they are priced and how quickly they sell. Whether they stay where they are, go up in value or decrease is anyone's guess. Owning a few of them and driving them regularly, I can tell you that the visceral pleasure they provide is a bargain at these prices and other than the GT2RS, there isn't any car I look forward to taking out of my garage more.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by secretcollector
Porsche seems awfully committed, quite publicly, to the PDK and end of the manual transmission. Regardless of what may happen down the road, that really isn't the point with the 997 4.0. This car represents the final evolution of a generation - both in body development, engine and transmission. All that follows, from the 991 well into the future, reflects new era in car development (i.e. sales). Bigger cars, more frills, and frankly, a more accessible car for a wider audience. Nothing wrong with this approach, all brands are going this way except for Lamborghini. Even if they strip the 991 down and drop a manual into for a very limited edition, it will be a much different car than what it replaced.

Look at it this way - of all marques selling for more than $1M at auction regularly, those garnering the highest prices are cars that inevitably are slower and simpler than models which replaced them later. This is the difference between collectibility and performance.

Ultimately, it's like sitting at the bar having beers with your friends and debating the greatest player or team of all time - it makes for great conversation but never settles anything. In this case, today, the proof is in the pudding - look around and see how many 4.0's are on the market globally - very, very few. See how they are priced and how quickly they sell. Whether they stay where they are, go up in value or decrease is anyone's guess. Owning a few of them and driving them regularly, I can tell you that the visceral pleasure they provide is a bargain at these prices and other than the GT2RS, there isn't any car I look forward to taking out of my garage more.
perfectly summed up secretcarcollector..& please treat your beauties well..

Old 05-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by secretcollector

+1 for both collectibility and for pleasure it gives...enjoying the car so much that am somehow sad when I park it back in the garage. It keeps amazing me!