Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My GT2 chasing an Aventador at the BIC

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axman
Great pics, are this an open track day or what?
Yup, open track

Originally Posted by JonA85
Great pics and even better video. GT2 ftw, surprised how well you kept up with the Lambo. Must have been the car . (Must spread rep)
lol

Originally Posted by GrayTT
Very nice!!!!
But I know you could have taken him between turn 4 and 7, but I guess you wanted the full vid
Great job!!!!
I usually take it easy on the first lap until the ceramics warm-up, but didn't want to take a chance on this guy running off. The gap got much wider by the second and third lap. I need another GoPro facing backwards

Originally Posted by GuOD
cool video! it's crazy how fast the aventador accelerates on the straights
You can hear it from my camera, its loud and FAST.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi MC321,

Thanks for the nice pictures and for the nice video..well done Really nice of you..just a few questions/comments:

1) Nice to see that the GT2 ist not really lost against the lambo...but people often forgot, yes it has considerably more power..but also a lot more weight..around 400Kg more..this is what it slows down in corners and braking - what could clearly be seen in the video

2) Is your car back to stock configuration? any tuning on it?..or is this a stock GT2 making life of an aventador difficult?

3) How did the story finish..did you race longer time with him..whats maybe not shown here in the video...?

MANY THANKS

Old 01-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Great vids n pics bro

Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Hi MC321,

Thanks for the nice pictures and for the nice video..well done Really nice of you..just a few questions/comments:

1) Nice to see that the GT2 ist not really lost against the lambo...but people often forgot, yes it has considerably more power..but also a lot more weight..around 400Kg more..this is what it slows down in corners and braking - what could clearly be seen in the video

2) Is your car back to stock configuration? any tuning on it?..or is this a stock GT2 making life of an aventador difficult?

3) How did the story finish..did you race longer time with him..whats maybe not shown here in the video...?

MANY THANKS
Hello JH

You can tell that the car is heavy on the turns. This was my first lap in so I was braking quite early and still managed to catch up on the turns. I don't think the Lambo brakes are as good as the Porsche, but maybe a Lambo owner can chime in.

My car has a Switzer tune and upgraded clutch only.

He stayed behind me for another 2 laps and the gap got much wider once I started braking properly. I'd say I gained about 4 seconds per lap.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
At 800 lbs heavier it was obvious he could not stay in the lines through the corners, and he was not really leaving you behind on the straights as you seemed to be letting off the throttle and coasting until a braking point.
It makes a lot of sense that once you started driving the track right (wheels and brakes warmed up), that you would start to leave him.

BTW the MP spider is so small it looks more like a lotus, I had to take a second look to make sure.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MC321
Hello JH

You can tell that the car is heavy on the turns. This was my first lap in so I was braking quite early and still managed to catch up on the turns. I don't think the Lambo brakes are as good as the Porsche, but maybe a Lambo owner can chime in.

My car has a Switzer tune and upgraded clutch only.

He stayed behind me for another 2 laps and the gap got much wider once I started braking properly. I'd say I gained about 4 seconds per lap.
Hi MC,

Thanks for the info..interesting, talking about your Switzer tune..I remember you had some issues with it...how many HP do you have now? Suspension still stock? ..if so than congratulations....made the life of supercar (aventador)..difficult with a "humble 997 GT2"..

all the best,

Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Nice Vid.

Looks like that Lambo driver needs more practice.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Hi MC,

Thanks for the info..interesting, talking about your Switzer tune..I remember you had some issues with it...how many HP do you have now? Suspension still stock? ..if so than congratulations....made the life of supercar (aventador)..difficult with a "humble 997 GT2"..

all the best,
My clutch started slipping after the tune, but that was fixed with an upgraded clutch. I dyno'd it right after the tune with the old clutch and it showed 544whp. No other mods, suspension included

Old 01-07-2013, 02:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
I'll be honest, the driver of the Aventador wasn't that good, his lines were a bit off through some of the turns. He was missing the apex's. But with that being said I think you also drove exceptionally well MC231

Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
huangester is an unknown quantity at this point
great video

Quick Reply: My GT2 chasing an Aventador at the BIC