Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KW Hydraulic Lift System (HLS)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
Speedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to all
KW Hydraulic Lift System (HLS)

We at Speedware wanted to bring you guys the latest and greatest from KW Suspensions

With HLS (Hydraulic Lift System), KW automotive is now offering a further innovative technology that presents numerous advantages for owners of sporty vehicles. When fitted with HLS, it is possible to lift the vehicle, depending on the technical situation, by up to 45 mm, at least however by 30 mm.

This is particularly useful for vehicles with lowered suspensions and/or sports cars fitted with spoilers, cars with long overhangs or extremely low-swung cowlings. This is because vehicles such as these encounter problems when entering underground garages, ferries, car washes and driving over other obstacles. This accessory is also helpful when driving on extremely rough roads, through road works and when negotiating speed humps. Electronically lifting up the vehicle helps to prevent damage. It also makes super sports cars considerably more suitable for everyday use.

The HLS hydraulic lift system is installed in combination with a KW coilover suspension. For vehicles with a standard-fitted coilover suspension, such as for the Porsche GT3 and for the GT3 RS, KW offers a complete solution comprising springs and HLS. HLS is available in two different versions: HLS 2, which is installed on the front axle and HLS 4, which, upon request, can also be fitted on the rear axle, thus making it possible to lift up the entire vehicle. Since bellows are used to protect the hydraulic cylinder unit against stone chipping and dirt ingress, a long service life is assured. The ring cylinder unit is installed between the spring plate and spring.

The pump unit is generally installed inside the spare wheel well. With HLS from KW automotive GmbH, it is possible to lift the vehicle electronically both when stationary and also when driving up to speeds of 80 km/h. At speeds over 80 km/h, the vehicle is automatically lowered to its standard level. This ensures that the vehicle aerodynamics are not affected in the higher speed range. When the car is parked up, the system also lowers the vehicle automatically and the electronic unit goes into “sleep mode”, so as not to run down the battery. HLS is operated by remote control, which means there is no need to lay cables inside the vehicle.

To date, the HLS 2 and HLS 4 innovative technology has been available exclusively for Ferrari and the Porsche Carrera GT from the KW partners Novitec and Manthey. HLS has been greeted with great enthusiasm by their customers. HLS is now also available for the entire 997 model range. Further vehicle-specific applications are already in the pipeline and are due to be launched onto the market over the coming months

There is only OEM applications for 997 GT3/RS & Carrera GT currently

Here is the official US Prices for the KW HLS (Hydraulic Lift System)

Carrera GT

With KW Coilovers - All 4 Corners

Front Only HLS - $21995
Front & Rear HLS - $23875

For Stock Suspension

Front Only HLS - $9150
Front & Rear HLS - $10875

GT3 / GT3 RS

With KW Variant 3 Coilovers

Front Only HLS $8750
Front & Rear HLS $10200

For Stock Suspension

Front Only HLS $5375
Front & Rear HLS $6950

Again if you guys have any questions please feel free to call me, pm me or Email me

-Ryan
Ryan@Speedwaremotorsports.com

Attached Images    

Last edited by Speedware; 06-17-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
pixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished road
wow pretty cool system ,can i do three wheel motion....j.p how much weight will this system add to vehicles?

Old 06-18-2008, 09:04 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
This system has Fred's name written all over it.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
Speedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to all
PETSHRK is beggin for it

Old 06-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
This system has Fred's name written all over it.
I was going to say the same thing

Old 06-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sorry....does that say $45K for front/rear kit for CGT?! The KW lift kit is comparable (in price) to the Ruf lift kit. Why in the world is a set of coilovers an additional $25K?

Last edited by silversurfer; 06-19-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
lucky7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by silversurfer
I'm sorry....does that say $45K for front/rear kit for CGT?! The KW lift kit is comparable (in price) to the Ruf lift kit. Why in the world is a set of coilovers an additional $25K?

the logic is "Its a carrera GT". they assume since you can afford a 450k car this would be a comparable price. im not buying the fact that its such a limited production so that justifys the price. but they are not out of range with all the other competitors and they do make great coilovers.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
The front and rear system for the CGT runs 23875 for the whole car. There is quite a bit of R&D spent on each car. The amount of R&D is quite different from car to car, hence the price difference. Some think that another reason the price is quite a bit more exspensive for the CGT is because of the clientele. If this is true or not we can only speculate.

I am also trying to find out the weight of the sytem too. Will let you guys know as soon as I hear back from KW

Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ryan@Speedware
The front and rear system for the CGT runs 23875 for the whole car.
Gotcha, my bad...read your post wrong.

Any ideas on how far up it gets the car?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
It will vary from car to car but from what i hear it will go up as far as 40-45mm

Quick Reply: KW Hydraulic Lift System (HLS)