Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trofeo R vs Pilot Sport Cup vs R888

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
HKFEVER is an unknown quantity at this point
Trofeo R vs Pilot Sport Cup vs R888

Hi, guys:

My Pilot Sport Cup on my 997.2 3.8 GT3RS is almost done.

So I wonder how do you guys rate Trofeo R vs Pilot Sport Cup vs R888 for track and road?

Old 09-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
forget r888, go trofeo!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Ran a set of trofeo's on my 3.8 rs when they very first came out. They lasted half a tack day. I may have had a dodgy set, my geo may not have been perfect then - but the tyres were awful. Probably had 8 sets of cups and they are the daddy's in every way. Porsche developed the car on them and it shows IMHO.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Hummmm

Old 09-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Why so glum, chum!?

Old 09-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
I don't like R888.

But How about Trofeo R vs Pilot Sport Cup N1+?

Old 09-11-2012, 01:53 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HKFEVER
I don't like R888.

We don't sell the Trofeo, but I have heard they are quite good in the rain. Overall, Cups still seem to be more popular.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by HKFEVER
I don't like R888.

I have never tried 888's - my post is referring to cups being much better. Than trofeos for the3.8 rs.
Don't compromise, Porsche set the car up on them, they just feel right.
Have you had the car set up properly - toe in, rake, camber etc? That will make the most difference.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to behold
I haven't driven the Trofeo's, but on my 993TT at Watkins Glen, the Cups are superior to the R888's-outside of the Cups, for the track, the only thing I would use besides the Cups are slicks.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hoosiers on my csl were only marginally better than cups

Quick Reply: Trofeo R vs Pilot Sport Cup vs R888