Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any unique 997 GT2s available?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
midnight blue is stuuuuunning wow

Old 09-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
That blue one is perfect.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
West Palm. Orbit my know the car or can do a PPI for you..
If I wouldn't track it so much that would be my daily driver

Old 09-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Member
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
OMG!!!! Aqua Blue is gorgeous!!!! Go for it !!!!

Old 09-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Love your collection and where its heading, is the E63 wagon the latest or the prior model, just curious as my partner had the prior for almost 4 years and now has the lastest one.. great estate...

I think you will find alot of the Turbo based cars have some kind of mods done and for that matter most GT cars. GLWS (search not sale) LOL

Old 09-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura about
Marc - It's the latest one with the new 5.5L Biturbo V8. Absolutely love it!

Reached an agreement on the Aqua Blue one so if things come back OK after the PPI, she'll be mine.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vernor75
Marc - It's the latest one with the new 5.5L Biturbo V8. Absolutely love it!

Reached an agreement on the Aqua Blue one so if things come back OK after the PPI, she'll be mine.
Great wagon very fast !

Hope the deal comes together !

Old 09-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
forhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond repute
If you have a 4.0, I don't understand the need for a gt2. Beautiful color though. I would understand a gt2rs, but there is not much more power in the gt2 and the boost makes it less desirable on the track. I say hold out for a gt2 rs or don't waste the cash.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Vernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura aboutVernor75 has a spectacular aura about
There is more to the story than simply a personal desire for a GT2. I needed to find any 997 turbo for a project and if it is something I'm going to drive semi-regularly, I'd rather have a GT2.

Perhaps once the project is complete I'll look to move to a RS. We'll see how the market is on them then.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi forhamilton;

Well; I diasgree a bit, why not a GT2? A GT2 RS is still considerably more expensive..and the two shown GT2s here look great.

What Im really interested is: how does a GT2 compare to a 4.0 on the track. If you know the GT2; you also know that it has almost no turbo lag...if not - NONE; the GT2RS has certainly none. The advantage of the GT3 is however that you can rev higher, means less shifting - thats clear.

My conlusion is the following; on a track with many corners, not many straights, a 4.0 might have the advantage...if you race a 4.0 and GT2 at Monza ...I bet the GT2 will be first..

I own a 997 GT2...and know the GT3 3.6 and 3.8 well...but I hqve never driven the 4.0 ..so I cannot say much about it.

So we will wait for Vernors75 feedback..
@Vernor75: Good luck with the blue one...they are really special cars...I will wait for your comparison - GT2 vs 4.0

Quick Reply: Any unique 997 GT2s available?