Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS 4.0 problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 05:55 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
I read about it too. There is a white one for sale nearby that had it's engine changed at only 600miles.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
sounds strange...normally porsche is known for its reliability isn't it? on the other hand: 500hp from a normally aspirated 6-cylinder really is race car level...so maybe it struggles with daily use?!

Old 08-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
I only know of one with 3000k miles that has been tracked 15 days or so, no problem.
The others I know are collecting dust...

Old 08-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AlexG
The guy that has changed The engine 3 times is a friend of mine, so I trust him..
He also have a GT2RS and a Carrera GT. And, Yes he can drive :-)
no i mean if it's in the states, Porsche is buying it back.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I only know of one with 3000k miles that has been tracked 15 days or so, no problem.
The others I know are collecting dust...
Peter, are you trying for one again now that Trak car 2 is (apparently) sold? It may be difficult for the rest of DE Cup to follow suit, with only ~125 in the States (whether they have dirt track experience or not )

Old 08-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, I did not find a 4.0 in time and bought a 3.8RS again; Trakcar 2.1.
I'll sell it eventually for a 4.0, perhaps I will try a GT2RS first just to see what it's like....

Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Haha, I did not find a 4.0 in time and bought a 3.8RS again; Trakcar 2.1.
I'll sell it eventually for a 4.0, perhaps I will try a GT2RS first just to see what it's like....
Oh I'm sorry, I mis-read your sig:

TRAKCAR 1.0 = White 997.1 GT3
TRAKCAR 2.0 = White 997.2 GT3 RS
TRAKCAR 2.1 = White 997.2 GT3 RS

I keep up with the GT3 DE cup developments, but don't post much since I don't have anything to contribute (yet...)

Old 08-12-2012, 02:08 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
The only problem I've heard of is...

that I don't have a 4.0

Old 08-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
1200 miles on me. No trouble. But, mine is a dust collector.
3500 miles on another. No trouble.
I have 3 other friends with 4.0's and they've had no trouble.

This is a race motor and they have run it tons before we got to buy the thing.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dolan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I've read on here but I'll ask again.
What is it that's been the mechanical failures in these engines?
This especially in the above stated case requiring three new engines.
Thank you

Quick Reply: GT3 RS 4.0 problems?