Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIDEO: Are you the production model 918 Spyder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 03:17 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
Pretty sure this is just purely a design mock up of the production car, but definitely not a fully functioning, final, production approved car. Somebody that attended the event on Rennteam said that this event happened last fall (2011), long before any of the prototypes started popping up on public roads.

So I think the design on this version is very close to what the final car will look like, but it is not in any way the final car. Here are some more pictures of it.
Also the car is still about a year away from official release, so I think there is still a lot of work to be done.
Diff car in the video here though - see the rear markers:

Name:  markers.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  52.4 KB

Old 08-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Diff car in the video here though - see the rear markers:
Good catch DJ, I hadn't noticed that. Made me look into it further, and to me it looks like the left side of the car is the Euro spec (clear side markers, and no rear side markers), while the right side of the car is U.S spec. That would explain why there are orange reflectors on the right side of the car along with the extra rear reflector. Very weird move by Porsche .

Old 08-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Paul2x will become famous soon enoughPaul2x will become famous soon enoughPaul2x will become famous soon enoughPaul2x will become famous soon enoughPaul2x will become famous soon enoughPaul2x will become famous soon enoughPaul2x will become famous soon enough
I love how small it is!

Hate to see cars getting bigger and bigger each year.

Can't wait to see it in person

=)

Old 08-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
i love this car just too damn expensive

Old 08-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
This car turned out to be beautiful. I really like the simplicity of the front. It allows you to pick out the traditional design cues. I think the proportions are excellent and I appreciate how the body sits between the wheels- no overhanging them.

I also think they did a fantastic job with the mirrors. The prototype's camera-based ones were a real distraction.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Paul2x
I love how small it is!

Hate to see cars getting bigger and bigger each year.

Can't wait to see it in person

=)
Amen.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
phunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond repute
It has different mirrors compared to the 'Martini' car. Also, it doesn't have the fender intake on this one. Very interesting to find that it's such an old video.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Am i the production model 918 Spyder?

Yes. Yes i AM.

Anyway, nice video. Can't wait to see this beast on the streeeets.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by phunkshon
It has different mirrors compared to the 'Martini' car. Also, it doesn't have the fender intake on this one. Very interesting to find that it's such an old video.
Correction! The mirrors are exaclly the same. The prototypes ones are just missing the upper wing. The mirrors are the same.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
It also has exhaust pipes in the bottom of the rear. Aren't they supposed to be on the top side, behind the drivers head?

Quick Reply: VIDEO: Are you the production model 918 Spyder?