Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Teamspeed Porsche 911 GT1 Information and Picture Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
I still remember hearing the 1998 variant at Road Atlanta at the first Petit Le Mans: despite watercooling, it still had that air-cooled snarl, and it sounded like a pipe organ on boost. A shame that it flipped on the back straight.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
I still remember hearing the 1998 variant at Road Atlanta at the first Petit Le Mans: despite watercooling, it still had that air-cooled snarl, and it sounded like a pipe organ on boost. A shame that it flipped on the back straight.
Yes, a shame.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I love this car! As far as road versions go, I've tried to gather a bunch of information from various sources, anybody want to correct or confirm any info here:

1996 there were just 3 road going versions made.

One's in Germany, another is in a garage in New Jersey (owner used to be active on TS), and the other has been seen at Porsche parades.

Then in 1997 I believe there were 21 of these built:

And only one of these built in 1998:

That makes 25 cars, but like I said this is based on conflicting information.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
That's the same info I have about it Carrera.

Last edited by Amzamus; 07-13-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro

Old 07-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
I spent hours and hours drawing the 98 car when I was a kid. That was really the first year I really got into racing. The first year I watched F1 - I still remember Schumi's drive in Hungary and the fiascos at Spa. I went to Petit with my dad that fall, and I remember begging to leave after the Porsche crashed about halfway through - I had zero interest in staying to watch the 333 SP win. Since the corner workers and marshals at Road Atlanta are often Georgia good ol' boys, dad chatted a few of them up while I "borrowed" the right mirror from the piled up wreckage at the beginning of pit lane (I was 9). You definitely couldn't get away with that now.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
I spent hours and hours drawing the 98 car when I was a kid. That was really the first year I really got into racing. The first year I watched F1 - I still remember Schumi's drive in Hungary and the fiascos at Spa. I went to Petit with my dad that fall, and I remember begging to leave after the Porsche crashed about halfway through - I had zero interest in staying to watch the 333 SP win. Since the corner workers and marshals at Road Atlanta are often Georgia good ol' boys, dad chatted a few of them up while I "borrowed" the right mirror from the piled up wreckage at the beginning of pit lane (I was 9). You definitely couldn't get away with that now.
That's such a cool story. Do you still have it? You should post up a pic.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Rare 1996 model in yellow:

Old 07-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Carrera
That's such a cool story. Do you still have it? You should post up a pic.
Somewhere, maybe at my parents' house. I'll try to, although I'm a terrible photographer and have never owned a camera (apart from phones, and the current one is broken).

Old 07-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Cool thread. I saw the polka dotted one that was for sale in Houston a few years back. They took it to the Texas Mile and ran the car of all things. I believe they are cool at a distance. Some of the lines are awkward compared to the sex of the CGT. But it's an awesome car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Teamspeed Porsche 911 GT1 Information and Picture Thread