Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Darth Vader GT2RS gets the Shark Werks Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Darth Vader GT2RS gets the Shark Werks Exhaust

Haven't seen a black on black GT2RS until today. It certainly looks the part, goes like no other Turbo currently has but just doesn't "sound" quite aggressive enough. So first things first let's give it a SharkWerks exhaust note...

In she comes:

The matte carbon hood is a giveaway...

Off with the bumper cover and intercoolers. You can see the very nicely made but extremely quiet stock exhaust (by Akrapovic). The pathway isn't absolutely ideal either for the lowest possible back pressure for a turbo car with an internal merge (you can see the hot spot in the center as a result).:

And on goes our exhaust installed with straight-through mandrel bent pipes minus any muffler or center/join restriction. We also re-use the factory cats to remain CEL free and California emissions compliant::

A quick weight comparison of the stock shows no additional weight:

Vs the Shark pipe:

We're re-using the factory tips here to keep it stealthy:

Ready to go home with a bit more bark (the EVOMSit is next):

This is what she sounds like:

Old 06-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man! That looks and sounds so mean! Nice job, guys!

Old 06-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Want, but whats the whp gain?

Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
This might be a stupid question but why do the tail lights flicker like that?

Old 06-29-2012, 05:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
Leon-Surfer is on a distinguished roadLeon-Surfer is on a distinguished roadLeon-Surfer is on a distinguished roadLeon-Surfer is on a distinguished roadLeon-Surfer is on a distinguished road
Sounds great!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
Kelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 911Boy
This might be a stupid question but why do the tail lights flicker like that?
It's a video effect.
LED tail lights are pulsed, that pulse rate might be in sync with the video frame rate. It's the same effect that makes spoke wheels appear to stand still on film.

Last edited by Kelderek; 06-29-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Sounds good!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
R O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really nice
Such a monster ! Love it in full black.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great,and the car is gorgeous! Do you offer a real xpipe exhaust? on Porsches turbo motors that is a must if you ask me, makes the car sound alot better.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
In love. Great work as always guys.

Quick Reply: Darth Vader GT2RS gets the Shark Werks Exhaust