Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on buying a CPO GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Sunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished road
Advice on buying a CPO GT3 RS

Was thinking of buying a CPO 997.2 GT3 RS and wanted some advice.

What is a good price for a CPO GT3 RS with 3k-5k miles on it? Porsche website seems to list them mostly between 130-145k range. Seems a bit on the high side to me. I remember seeing a thread here last year that said that even new ones were available in the 130k range.

I am also guessing the prices will take a bigger dip next year when the 991 GT3 appears?

Also is it worth buying a CPO car vs non-CPO? I guess you get +2 years of warranty and peace of mind from the car having gone through CPO inspection.

TIA

Old 05-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Buy a CPO if you plan on keeping it more than two years. Warranty is transferable I believe, so you should be able to get a better selling price

Old 05-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sunny
Was thinking of buying a CPO 997.2 GT3 RS and wanted some advice.

What is a good price for a CPO GT3 RS with 3k-5k miles on it? Porsche website seems to list them mostly between 130-145k range. Seems a bit on the high side to me. I remember seeing a thread here last year that said that even new ones were available in the 130k range.

I am also guessing the prices will take a bigger dip next year when the 991 GT3 appears?

Also is it worth buying a CPO car vs non-CPO? I guess you get +2 years of warranty and peace of mind from the car having gone through CPO inspection.

TIA
It is almost always worth buying CPO as Raul points out. The Porsche CPO warranty is transferrable from one private party to another private party (non dealer) or if you trade/sell it back to an authorized Porsche dealer the CPO stays with the car. The CPO would have no value to a non-factory dealer since once the chain of custody is broken the CPO warranty is void.

Generally speaking the prices are going to take a dip in the future - if you want the car today there's a price associated with that. Otherwise you could say the same thing next year. I would just buy the car you want and enjoy it.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
^ this a CPO car is as good as new. Porsche takes great pride in being able to sell CPO cars with the additional 2 years of warranty. These are going to be in high price ranges even after the 991 GT3RS comes out.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
+1 to what everyone said re: Porsche CPO warranties.

Worth it in my opinion.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Sunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished roadSunny is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys for the input on CPO, much appreciate it. Any input on fair price for a car with 2k to 7k miles? Most cars on Porsche site seems to be around the 135k range? Thanks again.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Depending on options I would say a Barr bones car is good at 127k fairly loaded 130-132k and a maxed out car 135-140k. These are such good cars I wouldn't be surprised if you find a lot of good examples.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
forhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond reputeforhamilton has a reputation beyond repute
cpo costs 2500 and then you have to pay dealer mark up on the car. Usually 5-10k on a car like that.

Anything in the low to mid 120's is good on a well stickered car. I just bought one and did a ton of research. I used cars.com, ebay, autotrader, rennlist, TS and even dupont registry. I ended up buying from and individual, but it was not easy because he was out of state. Thank goodness RAC in Dallas handled the transaction for me due to some tax credits I had.

As for value, these cars should hold for quite a while even with the new 991 coming out. Since they are not producing in 12 and 13 is questionable at this point, demand should remain very high. As a general rule, RS's hold there value well any way.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
CPO is $2500 PLUS any and all work/labor + profit margin that goes into the car.

And no, the 997GT3/RS won't decline in value when the 991 comes out. ALL water cooled 911's have gone UP in retail prices for CPO over the last year and remaining steady with the 991 out.

You won't see a real slide in retail prices on the 997 product until the 991 starts coming in on trade in's/off lease - in volume.

Until then, don't hold your breath.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
The value on these cars and the 4.0 have all started to go up. RS's are holding strong at 135-145 for low mileage ones

Quick Reply: Advice on buying a CPO GT3 RS