Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 911 GT3 PDK Hits The Ring!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Still faster. Gearbox isn't gonna make up for suckass driving.
Leh Keen at Watkins Glen - YouTube

Is that not the sight and sound of automobile perfection? wow...

Old 05-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
M3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enoughM3EvoBR will become famous soon enough
A lot of speculation on the new 991. Without the race proven engine and race proven tranny, is just another regular fast street car. No thank you, for now I'll keep my 997.2RS

Old 05-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Front looks good. Lower rear looks good as well, but that wing is hideous, and it's be nice to see some exhaust vents back there to make it look a bit more extreme, but the 991 is so complicated in the internal rear composition the exhaust is no longer in a positions were vents seem possible.

PDK- Cool, but make sure there is a manual!

Old 05-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yes! More 991 GT3 awesomeness posted by DJ. I love it.

Thanks for the continuous stream of 991 spyshots. Cannot wait for these to be unveiled.

Digging the fact that they'll come with PDK, but seriously hoping 7sp man will be an option.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:09 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Yes! More 991 GT3 awesomeness posted by DJ. I love it.

Thanks for the continuous stream of 991 spyshots. Cannot wait for these to be unveiled.

Digging the fact that they'll come with PDK, but seriously hoping 7sp man will be an option.
Ha, thanks Buddy!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Kevinc_2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice pics. Noticed the car is left hand drive and had the same rear bumper reflectors as the US version of the 991/991S. I believe the cars for Europe have a smaller reflector.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Is it just me or does this car look a helluva lot wider than the 991S?

With the tape covering the supposed reflector bar on the rear, would anyone put it past Porsche to slap an Aerokit and center exhausts to disguise what's actually a Carrera 4S? That would also explain the shift paddles as Porsche continues to deny the initial 991 GT3 will be available with PDK.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
It's PDK. That leaves out UBC and others. Shame.
No way the GT3 comes only with PDGay. UBC would rock this as a daily driver (with manual of course).

Old 05-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Is it just me or does this car look a helluva lot wider than the 991S?

With the tape covering the supposed reflector bar on the rear, would anyone put it past Porsche to slap an Aerokit and center exhausts to disguise what's actually a Carrera 4S? That would also explain the shift paddles as Porsche continues to deny the initial 991 GT3 will be available with PDK.
I would bet that happens all day long.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
It seems everybody like the design of the 991 GT3 - i dont. It looks too much vandalised..on the normal 997.2 GT3 the only thing different was the wing..that was nice..now it looks too much " 458 design gimmicks"..the back wing is one of the problems.

Beside I think many of you are overestimating PDK..with regad to "laptimes" or whatever..yes you can shift faster.. but the PDK box is about 25-30KG heavier.

It wouldnt suprise me that because of that in the end both 991 GT3 PDK and shifter will be more or similar in speed.

By the way, 458, gallardo (which i like), Mclaren, Aston etc use paddle shift..are they therefore better or faster cars? There are not so many things that are faster then a GT2, 4.0L or GT2RS..and thes still use the so called "old fashioned technique of shifting"..

If the 991 GT3 can shave of 5-7seconds on the Ring from the 997GT3 that would already be a hell of a lot..because the 997GTs were already very good - and mostly better than its rivals.

As indication you can take the gains from 991s to 997s..which are around 6sec. max..thats what Im counting with..anything more would be totally unrealistic..

If the 918 tries to beat 7:22 as mentioned..than the 991GT3 will not do 7:25..that should be clear..

Teamspeed will keep us informed

Last edited by jumping_horse; 05-24-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 911 GT3 PDK Hits The Ring!