Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Genevart Celsius

Old 05-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
genevart is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 Genevart Celsius

For the Geneva Auto Salon 2013, Genevart switzerland will launch the Celsius°. A highly modified porsche 997 turbo hybrid with two KERS for each front wheels, 960 HP, full carbon body panels, totally new interior entirely redesigned. The exterior lines are a mixes the 918 spyder and the carrera gt.

Since 4 months, the first model is under building, for this time, only conceptual 3D model of departure are visible, in august 2012 the real first image of definitive body and chassis will be revealed. And the first demonstration on road for the Top Marques Monaco auto salon in april 2013. In june 2013 the Genevart Celsius will take part to a track day on nürburgring. And the first sales are scheduled for september 2013 with 10 units per annum, produced in Geneva Canton , Switzerland.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
I'd still rather have a CGT.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
hahaha mix the Gemballa Mirage with the 918 and tadaaaa. 4 and 5th picture clearly shows it

918 front bumper, 918 headlights, mirage hood, mirage side profile, mirage spoiler, 918 rear. BORING!!!

Old 05-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Smile

watch the introduction. It is precisely a marriage between these two cars! I explain this to my website also The cgt/mirage gt is the car of my dreams. But is difficult to use in city. The 918 is nice and powerful but all models are already sold and offer price is very high...

997 Turbo owners can turn it into a Celsius° supercar with a low to consumption, they can use every day even in city with a lower price than the 918, more powerfull and lighter than 918 ...
Genevart is a tuning company, not a car manufacturer ;-) And the Celsius° is just a tuning program

Last edited by genevart; 05-15-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
how could I miss that? I swear I scrolled up again to read the introduction before writing. well okay, sorry then!

Isn't the weight a bit too optimistic?

Last edited by Turboholic; 05-15-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:51 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not asking this to be a dick but is this a real car or a made up story around a pretty rendering? The only background I find on this "company" and its owner is a DeviantArt account and a really young guy behind it. And it seems incredibly weird to schedule a track day for a car that doesn't even exist - there's not even a real press release.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Right.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Smile

I agree the weight seems low, it is a target weight but we can reach it using a lot of carbon (wheels, interior, body ...)

For the company it was created just few days ago, but the project was started since one year already. Yes the car is not complete but all car projects always starts with the 3D.

In August, there will be a real statement with images of the progress of the chassis and bodywork completed. Development aspect of the Celsius is shorter than you imagine because the companies which gathered around this project already have much experience in motor sport (F1-DTM), and because we start from an already existing vehicle (997 turbo 3.6). In August you will see the progress of all this, and I unveil the prestigious partners that perform the various parts of the vehicle. For the event is quite normal to say that once complete, the vehicle will participate in this or that event, nothing complicated, everything is planned a year in advance.

Yes I am young :-)

Last edited by genevart; 05-15-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:11 AM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Well, it looks like you have the ambition and passion to make it happen. I wish you and Genevart all the best in creating a "dream car".

Big question: what price range are you looking to offer this in? A complete carbon re-body, and basically, re-engineering of the chassis would seem quite pricey. What would make someone choose this over simply picking up a CGT AND 997TT 3.6?

Either way, I'm in for pics of the build and development.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Looks somewhat like a Noble. Not really a Porsche at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Genevart Celsius