Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody feel like stealing a 997.1 GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Sold For: US $65,000.00

Is that for real? If it's all legit, I clearly missed out on this one. Wow. Just wow. :\

Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
My buddy was on the phone with the dealer when it sold. He was crushed. Everyone's got 997 fever!! It's almost like the 993 market when the 996 came out.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Dang...that was the white one i was searching for when I bought mine... Ah well, I still got a better deal if you can believe it!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Chimi-Changa is on a distinguished roadChimi-Changa is on a distinguished road
07's are my favoite too. Price seems about right for experience, and condition IMHO. This one looks ridden hard and put away wet

Old 04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chimi-Changa
This one looks ridden hard and put away wet
How do you figure?

Old 04-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Chimi-Changa is on a distinguished roadChimi-Changa is on a distinguished road
Miles, Condition, impression?- all personal I guess.

(I have worked for Porsche for 4 years, and driven and sold many GT series cars-new and used. None of which were in this type of " nice, but well used condition")
Example I based my opinion on is near perfect 07 example, one owner, never tracked, 10K miles, Porsche Certifed, New N spec tires, Clean DME- not even range 1 on it, sold it in the low 70's. THAT- IMO was a great buy.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:41 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chimi-Changa
Miles, Condition, impression?- all personal I guess.

(I have worked for Porsche for 4 years, and driven and sold many GT series cars-new and used. None of which were in this type of " nice, but well used condition")
Example I based my opinion on is near perfect 07 example, one owner, never tracked, 10K miles, Porsche Certifed, New N spec tires, Clean DME- not even range 1 on it, sold it in the low 70's. THAT- IMO was a great buy.
That does sound like a great buy. However, not knowing the track history, and more importantly DME results, I think this GT3 wasn't too bad of a deal. When I sold Porsches I mainly dealt with new GT cars, so my first hand experience is limited. Seems like most that do manage to get their hands on one of these, don't like to let them go...

Old 04-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
I'm sorry but if you're worried about stage 1 over revs you're too anal or just dumb. Fuel shuts of at redline where stage 1 occurs and leaves no damage at all. None. 2,000 stage 1 over revs still don't mean shit.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
I'm sorry but if you're worried about stage 1 over revs you're too anal or just dumb. Fuel shuts of at redline where stage 1 occurs and leaves no damage at all. None. 2,000 stage 1 over revs still don't mean shit.
This is a proper answer

Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by 81911
Thanks for the insight. I didn't know about the fuel cutoff. When I worked for Porsche, engineers used to drill into us the "consequences of over-revs", including type 1.

One thing I learned though too, often missed with these DME test results, is also the fact of whether or not the car is chipped and therefore has a raised rev limiter. If so, it is my understanding that the DME readout will show any redline shift as a technical type 1 over-rev.

Quick Reply: Anybody feel like stealing a 997.1 GT3?