Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUF Rt 35 Anniversary based on the new 911 - A fitting tribute to the original!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kelderek
RUF doesn't state prices for any models on their website... I believe they are in the category of companies who can subscribe to the opinion "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it"...
k!
They aren't one of those companies.
If interested why not just call or email them?
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
I don't get the complaints about the wheels. They are the classic Ruf design.
it's the hideous color not the wheels I hate.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
i likes

Old 03-07-2012, 10:05 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kelderek
RUF doesn't state prices for any models on their website... I believe they are in the category of companies who can subscribe to the opinion "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it"...

The price for the RUF CTR3, with similar performance, was about EUR 350 000 back in 2007. A used 2011 RUF Rt12S, again with similar performance, is listed on their website for EUR 338 620. I think we can safely estimate in that ballpark!
Thats a horse load of cash, but somehow it seems worth it

By the way RUF are actually really nice people, i met their Sales person Marc-Andre Pfeifer.. a very nice tour of the cars plus some merchandise is what we came away with.
So i doubt them being as obnoxious to not even state prices

PS
A kick ass video..love the engine bay part:

RUF RT-35 (Turbo 991) - Geneva 2012 with GTspirit.com - YouTube

Last edited by La Artist; 03-07-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Want so badly -

I didn't realize how nice the 991 really is until seeing these pics. As a boy/adolescent I wanted a RUF CTR2 in a big way.

Personally, I like the wheels, but we have established I am a little strange in my short tenure here on TS! :-)

RUF in the year 2012 conforms and paints their wheels. Gotta love it!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
A 620 hp, rwd, 991 turbo??? AWESOME RUF!!! RGT has the same bodykit, so you can imagine the RT35 in brighter colors.
This and the F12... I need money god damned.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Interesting is however something else: RUF gets the 620HP from its own engine..and didnt rely on the 991 9A1 engine..what a surpise..Im still curious how Porsche will use the 9A1 engine for its high performance cars..for RUF its apparently not good enough..
is it their own engine? i think not.

they're using the 3.8L DFI engine from the 997.2 Turbo, simply tuned to 630hp.

i think this makes sense, if they wanted to offer the car with PDK.

what would be really hot would be a 991 but fitted with the Mezger engine from the RT12 and CTR3. the downsides of that would be: much more work needed to mate the older engine to the much newer platform; and no way to get it matched to PDK.

note Ruf have done this before; the RT12 when it was launched used a 996TT based engine, in the 997 body. there were some interesting compromises. one time I needed to get the codes on my engine checked, so i brought it to the Porsche importer here. they plugged their diagnostic computer into the car, and couldn't read any engine codes.

a quick call to Ruf in Germany, and the answer became clear. Ruf kept the BCU computer for 997 platform functions, but installed a separate 996TT ECU for the engine! so we simply had to find the port for the ECU and there you go, codes read!

it sounds like they had to make a strategic decision which motor to invest time in, fitting it into the new platform. they could have done this with the Mezger, but probably made much more sense to spend the time getting their own V8 in there.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
empireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura aboutempireGirl has a spectacular aura about
Price for the Ruf Rt 35 starts at EUR 235'000 net without VAT (#1 the one displayed at geneva has a price of EUR 275'000 net without VAT!

As allways with Ruf sky is the limit, but to be honest I think the price is very resonable. Looking forward to one time in the near future ordering a very special car from Alois Ruf.

Have fun in Geneva especialy on the 360 m2 RUF display.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:31 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
guys,RUF is not a tuner but an independent car manufacturer...
just saying since I always see post like "best tuner" etc.

@Hesperus
RUF builds their own engines...they use the Pcar engines as a base to start from and then rebuild it to their needs

Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
@Hesperus
RUF builds their own engines...they use the Pcar engines as a base to start from and then rebuild it to their needs
ok well, yeah i suppose. but i consider the real "their" engine to be the V8. the other engines, even the ones in the RT12, CTR3 are fundamentally Porsche engines, albeit rebuilt by Ruf.

what makes Ruf a legitimate manufacturer vs tuner IMO is the fact that they do have their own original engine now, in the V8, and also the CTR3, which is 100% Ruf from the B-pillar to the back.

not to mention they are also working on their own 100% ground up model...

cheers!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Ruf knocked the 991 out of the park on this. And, you can see the engine now.

Quick Reply: RUF Rt 35 Anniversary based on the new 911 - A fitting tribute to the original!