Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   GT (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/)
-   -   This might not sit well with some - 2013 GT3 May be PDK Only (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/69820-might-not-sit-well-some-2013-gt3-may-pdk-only.html)

lgl 02-19-2012 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by tips (Post 1242311)
i keep hearing sequential requests but thats not possible with the way conventional sequentials work, unles porsche invents and whole new one, sequentials canot be driven in trafic, they need a high reving launch, and they also need rebuilding after a certain hours of use

That's it!

Carrera 02-19-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by tips (Post 1242311)
the thought of 8cylinders makes me want to cry, i hope they dnt but it cant be totaly dismised, porsche has been known to make ruf test out its future ventures and ruf has been testing an 8 cylinder carera for a while now, the competetion has become ruthles and porsche just might need to do something about it, im afraid the 2 extra cylinders would be their solution

as for the transmision, i know pdk is going to be faster and les fun but what makes me real sad is thats its gona destroy the gt3 cult, bunch of like minded people that love to drive and participate in trackday events and allow access to any one with the funds.

i keep hearing sequential requests but thats not possible with the way conventional sequentials work, unles porsche invents and whole new one, sequentials canot be driven in trafic, they need a high reving launch, and they also need rebuilding after a certain hours of use

I don't really agree with you on the 8 cylinder thing, I think a boxer 8 would be cool. But you hit the nail on the head with the demise of the GT3 cult thing. I think with ONLY PDK, there would be a lot more GT3s in the parking lot of starbucks than there would be at the gas station outside of the Nurburgring getting ready for a track day. And I couldn't see as many people on the forums looking for the lightest seats available, trying to find a rollbar, wishing they got the lightweight headlights, etc. Also, just a bunch of GT3 guys cruising around for fun.

The GT3 has always been strictly a manual transmission car for the hardcore enthusiasts. If you want an absolutely blindingly fast car to drive, that's what the Turbo is for, not the GT3.

GTCole 02-19-2012 10:45 AM

I wish they would do the sequential. The entire world would change on them. Plus, there would be no shift mistakes and warranty claims because of driving mistakes, which might be why they are heavily considering the PDK. You can't over rev the motor and jack up the clutch disc, and all that as well. Let's face it, tons of people will buy the GT3, including me, whether is has a PDK or manual. But the Seq Tranny would be a whole diff ball game. That many would want to play.

sequentialshifters.com Glock Guru has one of these in his 3.8, and it is bad ass. So do some guys in Florida.

Milanno 02-19-2012 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Carrera (Post 1242385)
The GT3 has always been strictly a manual transmission car for the hardcore enthusiasts. If you want an absolutely blindingly fast car to drive, that's what the Turbo is for, not the GT3.

^^^ Porsche is in process inspecting that fact for quite time.
Ferrari has gone from manual, Lambo too. I know that Porsche is not in the same box with Italians, but I keep hearing from GT3 owners how they are impressed with 458 Italia transmission.

For me PDK (and automatic in general) is opposite philosophy to GT3. Its not problem to put PDK in GT3, but that just doesn't go together :(

You cant put 20" performance wheels on Prius - I mean you can, but that is just silly.

Mezger 02-20-2012 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Milanno (Post 1242394)
^^^ Porsche is in process inspecting that fact for quite time.
Ferrari has gone from manual, Lambo too. I know that Porsche is not in the same box with Italians, but I keep hearing from GT3 owners how they are impressed with 458 Italia transmission.

For me PDK (and automatic in general) is opposite philosophy to GT3. Its not problem to put PDK in GT3, but that just doesn't go together :(

You cant put 20" performance wheels on Prius - I mean you can, but that is just silly.

If the prius had 500hp and it would look like a real car... I would opt in for it... :hilarious:

torque 02-20-2012 02:32 PM

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

Milanno 02-20-2012 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by torque (Post 1243269)

Exacly! Rep included.

Sebaflex 02-20-2012 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by torque (Post 1243269)

this. :word:

wyatth 02-21-2012 02:44 PM

PDK if you are racing someone else. 6MT if you are racing yourself.
I'd pass on saving a few tenths of a second when it means more fun.

Carrera 02-21-2012 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by wyatth (Post 1244139)
PDK if you are racing someone else. 6MT if you are racing yourself.
I'd pass on saving a few tenths of a second when it means more fun.

No more needs to be said. This is it.