Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The GT2 project starts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about
RSS bits go in

RSS parts. Soooo beautiful!!

Car is ready Friday

1st pic is the GT2RS rear bumper fresh out of the paint shop

Attached Images           

Last edited by Bob MG; 05-02-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
This thing is really going to be a stunner (and kind of making me want a GT2 now). Looking forward to the pics whenever you post up the finished product.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good Bob!! I can't wait to see this thing out on the streets. Your builds are always the whole 9 yards and then some

Old 05-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura aboutBob MG has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mike S
Looking good Bob!! I can't wait to see this thing out on the streets. Your builds are always the whole 9 yards and then some
Lol when you can only have one Pcar we must make it as good as 3 ..... If not better

Old 05-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the pictures and keeping us here up to date..its really nice and helpful.

Regarding the tuning companies: I dont know EVOMS - of course I have heard from them but dont know anybody with practical experience. I have however through friends experience with techart - my conclusion is the same as yours.

Youre getting 670HP with the tuning? Wow..thats a lot..

By the way, congratulations on your GT2 ..you picked an example which is to be considered "as new"...based on the pictures from below..

Let us know how the beast handels..

Old 05-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the pictures and keeping us here up to date..its really nice and helpful.

Regarding the tuning companies: I dont know EVOMS - of course I have heard from them but dont know anybody with practical experience. I have however through friends experience with techart - my conclusion is the same as yours.

Youre getting 670HP with the tuning? Wow..thats a lot..

By the way, congratulations on your GT2 ..you picked an example which is to be considered "as new"...based on the pictures from below..

Let us know how the beast handels..
Thanks bro

Actually I started with the 670 kit which is inter coolers, software, boost hoses and a few other goodies

I decided midway to go all the way to 775 Hp which is full Monty:

• EVOMS VTG Turbochargers w/ 65mm Billet Compressor Wheels
• EVOMSit EVT775 ClubSport PUMP ECU Calibration – 7000 RPM Rev Limit
• Akrapovic ClubSport 44.5mm Exhaust Headers plus full evolution system
• EVOMS ClubSport Intercoolers (charge coolers) w/ Silicone Boost Hoses
• EVOMS High Flow Silicone Turbocharger Air Inlet Ducts
• EVOMS Billet Turbocharger Boost Recirculation Valves
• EVOMS 82mm Throttle Body / Plenum conversion
• EVOMS /SRE Stage 3 Sport Street Clutch System with Ali lightweight single mass flywheel
• EVOMS HED Ignition Coils
• EVOMS Lightweight and Strengthened Underdrive Crank Pulley
• Installation hardware, gaskets, spark plugs, etc.

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...675CBDC88BE%7D

Last edited by Bob MG; 05-02-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:18 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
so much dedication,effort,time and love you put in your cars,..a true pleasure to look at the build process!

thanks!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Can't believe I missed this thread, you are building a "lite" version of mine

Is there any chance of being able to test the high speed acceleration (up to 300kph) where you live ?

I have my own thoughts on this EVO VTG package (which is supposedly nearly 50hp more than my seriously built engine lol) and would love to see some numbers 200-300kph, it should be in the 10 second range if the hp is there ?

Old 05-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I wouldn't have done this, but your car looks amazing! I can't wait for the final result.

Do you have any places where you can track it? I'd love to see a video of it, 775hp is insane!

Old 05-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by TB993tt
Can't believe I missed this thread, you are building a "lite" version of mine

Is there any chance of being able to test the high speed acceleration (up to 300kph) where you live ?

I have my own thoughts on this EVO VTG package (which is supposedly nearly 50hp more than my seriously built engine lol) and would love to see some numbers 200-300kph, it should be in the 10 second range if the hp is there ?
Yes, I happened to pm you several times asking some details on spacers and the tech-art geurney, but alas I had no response from you..

We can do 300 all day long where I live. If you get caught $200 will do it to get off.

I'm at 5500 ft here in johannesburg so results won't be comparable but I will get a V Box and do some runs. I believe US boys are more interested in 60-130 mph

I will do some 200-300 and post them up but altitude is going to cause a lower level of performance for sure

Quick Reply: The GT2 project starts!