Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Champion Motorsport 997.1 GT3RS Full Build: Project "Airborne Ranger"

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Fair enough, I'm sure this project won't disappoint.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road

I was searching for a fvd exhaust on google and this popped up

Old 01-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lopro

I was searching for a fvd exhaust on google and this popped up
Hey I know that house. One of those boys is hospitalized and having surgery.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)

Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished roadlopro is on a distinguished road
very nice RANGER. Doing well

Old 01-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enoughjbigelow will become famous soon enough
Subscribed..... Love reading about your modding RANGER!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!!

Old 01-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member

This is sooo CUP

Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor
Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tom@ChampionMotorsport You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
OK, time for a small update. Since we're sort of busy in our main shop and only have 5 lifts, we moved Ranger's project over to our Werks1 building and race shop, where we have 2 more lifts that aren't normally being used.

I managed to sneak over there the other day and grab a few pictures of the engine during the tear-down process. Sorry the quality isn't that great, I used my POS point and shoot camera. Anyway....enjoy. More to come..

It's worth noting that even considering it's age, mileage, and amount of track use, this engine is really clean! The head surfaces and cylinder surfaces show no signs of leakage or any excessive carbon buildup.

We'll do a proper welded fix for the water pipe to make sure it's not an issue down the road.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nice update, Keep up the good work. really interesting pics. Engine looks like its new still. I cant wait to hear more about the build.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 AM
a_Y
Teamspeed Junior Member
a_Y is an unknown quantity at this point
any recent updates?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Banned
M5&RS Captin can only hope to improve

Quick Reply: Champion Motorsport 997.1 GT3RS Full Build: Project "Airborne Ranger"