Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Porsche: 997.1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:23 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Should have asked johnsgt prior to purchasing this car. Apparently it's slow and a huge disappointment.

j/k

7.1 GT3 is one of my favorite 911 ever. I hope one day I'll be in the position to buy one. Congrats and enjoy her !

Old 01-05-2012, 03:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
CongratZ
Love it in black

Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sinan
Should have asked johnsgt prior to purchasing this car. Apparently it's slow and a huge disappointment.

j/k

7.1 GT3 is one of my favorite 911 ever. I hope one day I'll be in the position to buy one. Congrats and enjoy her !
I saw that post. The responses confirmed my choice as a good decision!

Thanks everyone!

Old 01-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations, nice car!

Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Great car you got yourself there!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Teamspeed

Old 01-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent pickup! Enjoy in the best of health!

Old 01-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Thats an sweet ride, congrats and have great fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
While at GMG I had the GT3 treated to a full WC Sport exhaust incl headers, sport cats, and midpipes. A BMC air filter was dropped in and some maintenance items were handled (oil, plugs, etc). GMG also lowered, corner balanced, and aligned the car for me. Should have a nice, neutral balance on the track now. I'll get to test that out soon as I have a couple track events scheduled in March.

The car baselined 332whp/246wtq and picked up almost 30whp and 8 ftlbs more at 361whp/252wtq (Mustang dyno) after the exhaust and GIAC tune were uploaded. Not too bad!

The car was loaded up on the truck last night and is headed my way! More soon.

Last edited by Smoky; 01-05-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I drove a GT3 today, and I was IMPRESSED!!

She arrived today! Just a beautiful car. And I'm so happy to get back into a black car. As challenging and time consuming as black paint can be, it just feels like home.

The Cup splitter installed by GMG is fantastic and takes a beating well (as I discovered exiting a gas station today). The exhaust system is just phenomenal. Weather went the wet way today so I didn't get a lot of wheel time. The short bit I was able to sneak in was really, really fun. The car is just FUN to drive. I'm looking forward to getting to know her a lot better!

The ride and feel of the GMG setup is just GREAT. Those guys did a wonderful job all-round. Thanks again Allen and Fabryce!!

Hoping to get more hours in tomorrow and start enjoying the honeymoon!

A few arrival pics:

Early arrival! Reliable did a great job. Not a lot of communication, but they were really fast.

There she is!!

Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!

The driver left the key in the ignition while in-transit, which killed the battery. So today I learned how to pop the boot with a donor battery in the fuse box! Interesting method! We finally got her started. I felt bad for the driver because I think he felt bad for not knowing that it would drain the battery. After a quick jaunt to the gas station I tidied her up then tucked her in for the night. It was a short drive, but I was able to enjoy the GMG exhaust which is one of the sickest things I've heard on a car that wasn't running in a Petite LeMans race! I LOVE it!! Absolutely worth every penny.

While the weather was turning, I decided to install the DEPO/Dectane LED tails I had just received a few days prior. The install was a snap and they are BEAUTIFUL and work great. I'm really glad I picked these up.

Before

Diff

After

More pics and videos coming soon!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats again. And a lift in the garage? You lucky SOB

Quick Reply: First Porsche: 997.1 GT3