Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 918 Spyder Engine Details

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Good looking numbers. I really like this car. Probably one of my top 3 favorite.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Originally Posted by wtdoom
Get to SPA in 21 or 22 of May If you are not too far . Im there in the CGT and 993 rsr as well as a race prepared 964 be my pleasure to drive you around .
Hi Wtdoom,

Thanks for your offer..I appreciate that a lot and will be there. By the way, I am a member of the Porsche Spa Francorchamps club anyway..so I know thw place very good. I was also this year there at the Spa Francorchamps Porsche days. I love it over there..

Many thanks and we will stay in touch here..
take care and especially treat your black beauty with respect and care..

Old 12-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
jenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura about
Get to SPA in 21 or 22 of May If you are not too far . Im there in the CGT and 993 rsr as well as a race prepared 964 be my pleasure to drive you around .
I want in on this too!!!

I'll certainly be there like the past few years.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Hi Wtdoom,

Thanks for your offer..I appreciate that a lot and will be there. By the way, I am a member of the Porsche Spa Francorchamps club anyway..so I know thw place very good. I was also this year there at the Spa Francorchamps Porsche days. I love it over there..

Many thanks and we will stay in touch here..
take care and especially treat your black beauty with respect and care..
Originally Posted by jenswillemen
I want in on this too!!!

I'll certainly be there like the past few years.
Great , they are the RMA track days , ill be there for both days .
Ill PM you my phone number and we get together out there .
Jumping_horse my friend Tom is a local and has been twisting y arm to go to the PCF days , I am seriously considering this .

Old 12-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Yes we were there for the launch and show events too . They were so nice it was a pity the car isnt more exciting .

I hear the F70 will be 1200 (ish) kg and 800+bhp .
Thats considerably faster than 918 . You can bet Ron wont allow the F1/2 to be slower than that .
Porsche cocked up , who wants a 4wd uber Prius ?
Couldn't agree more with your comments on the 918 thus far, and your decision to pass on one, but remember how Ferrari has a tendency to exaggerate perfomance & technical claims where Porsche tends to understate them.

Again, couldn't agree more - if you are in the market to buy a 918 or not - who yearns to own a 4wd uber Prius?

Looks like it may have some very interesting design & materials implimented into it though... Anyone else notice that the 4.6 V8 will be a "reverse-flow" engine similar to the current M5's? Intake outside and below the cylinders while the an Inconel exhaust system that sits above the "V" with the pipes above the engine. Nice!

F70 and Mclaren will still have to be something VERY special indeed.

Last edited by Zeus; 12-23-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Great , they are the RMA track days , ill be there for both days .
Ill PM you my phone number and we get together out there .
Jumping_horse my friend Tom is a local and has been twisting y arm to go to the PCF days , I am seriously considering this .
Hi Wtdoom,

Oh yes, please consider the PCF..is your friend also a member of the PCF? funny..we need teamspeed to connect people alhtough we might be members of the same club..

as far as I remember, there is no C-GT in the PCF...the president of the club will be delighted..but there might show up a 997 GT3 RSR...I think that will be a tough nut to crack..even for a C-GT..but the speed of these things is incredible.

I attended the last Porsche Sports Cup in Spa...a 997 GT2RS would be lapping in around 2:45..of course this depends on the driver..a 997 Cup around 2:30 (MY 2010/2011) and an RSR would go down to 2:22/23..!!!

all the best,

Old 12-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Hi Wtdoom,

Oh yes, please consider the PCF..is your friend also a member of the PCF? funny..we need teamspeed to connect people alhtough we might be members of the same club..

as far as I remember, there is no C-GT in the PCF...the president of the club will be delighted..but there might show up a 997 GT3 RSR...I think that will be a tough nut to crack..even for a C-GT..but the speed of these things is incredible.

I attended the last Porsche Sports Cup in Spa...a 997 GT2RS would be lapping in around 2:45..of course this depends on the driver..a 997 Cup around 2:30 (MY 2010/2011) and an RSR would go down to 2:22/23..!!!

all the best,
Hmmmmm
I would love to come to this and yes my friend Tom is a member of PCF .
Those are very fast cars you mention . The race cars ( cup and rsr )are beyond the cgt at spa . The slicks and downforce take it to another level . However a friend ran his standard cgt on slicks at silverstone and was cup car fast ( a little faster in fact ). I can beat the GT2rs time around Spa even though the GT2rs is on cup tyres .
However if I can get on the PCF day I will run the Carrera GT on my 19 inch bbs e88 rims with Michelin Cups or the Corsa Equivalent ) , this will be seriously , seriously fast and fun .
What say you ?

Old 12-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hmmmmm
I would love to come to this and yes my friend Tom is a member of PCF .
Those are very fast cars you mention . The race cars ( cup and rsr )are beyond the cgt at spa . The slicks and downforce take it to another level . However a friend ran his standard cgt on slicks at silverstone and was cup car fast ( a little faster in fact ). I can beat the GT2rs time around Spa even though the GT2rs is on cup tyres .
However if I can get on the PCF day I will run the Carrera GT on my 19 inch bbs e88 rims with Michelin Cups or the Corsa Equivalent ) , this will be seriously , seriously fast and fun .
What say you ?

Hi Wtdoom,

Ok..so then me and your PCF friend should meet alltogether..

Yes, Cup Cars and RSR..cannot be beaten by anthing..especially RSRs...but these are so expensive..

Well, if your friend was able to get close to a cup car with slicks..thats already very good - all my respect.

About the GT2RS time..well - these are just private owners enjoying their cars..they are not the best drivers maybe, neither are they the youngest anymore either...

By the way, even Walter Röhrl said if one would put new tires from the year 2011 on the C-GT..then the GT2RS would be in serious problems..there is even a video about this in youtube..

take care and I look forward to Spa..

PS: have you already driven a bit on the streets of te old spa francorchamps circuit?..there is one sharp S corner (Masta)..incredible..F1 in 1970 took it apparently almost flat out...290km/h..

Spa Francorchamps is the best circuit for me.!..miles ahead of Nürburgring..the good thing is however that youre living in the UK.. and you have enough circuits..brands hatch, silverstone, thruxton, etc..