Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove a GT3 for the first time....got let down

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by tips
the gt3 is not a superfast car, its actualy one of the slowest hypercars when it comes to straight line performance, this car only comes alive on the track, thats where it should win you over,

for the record i was also wasnt impressed when i drove one for the first time on the street
True... it still puts a huge smile on my face everytime I drive it. Especially After changing the exhaust

Old 12-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
I'd still take one GT3's aren't meant for straight line speed as some others here have mentioned.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Why would you compare the acceleration of a GT2 to a GT3? Apples/oranges, IMO.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
How can you review the GT3 without mentioning braking, balance, or handling? Seems you are too worried about HP numbers and not having a Ferrari badge. Maybe you forgot how to ring out a manual transmission and throw it into some turns. I assume you don't track your cars. What a shame. Peoples concern with straight line performance is the reason why cars are getting heavy, less involving, and boring.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Aren't you the guy that said the carrera gt was a let down too?

Old 12-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
You should buy a Z06 if you're after raw, straightline power.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
the carrera gt was a let down too?

Old 12-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
modenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enough
First off, I think you're measuring the car by the wrong yardstick. It's for going around corners, not pushing you back into the seat in a straight line.

That said, I'm not suggesting you are wrong if the car doesn't float your boat, but having driven a GT3, I just loved how it felt on corner entry and exit (and mid corner for that matter), how the steering felt, and the adjustability and road feel it had. And the sound was awesome. However, I agree it didn't feel that fast in a straight line... but I just didn't care about that, I have other cars to make my eyes tear when doing that.

With a Carrera GT and a GT2, you have some serious firepower, and those cars handle superbly and feel great too, so given that, if you find anything in the GT3 it would be the character and feel on a race track or on twisties. Seems a waste of time to be driving it in a straight line or non-challenging public roads when you could be driving either of the other two cars. (Which might be your entire point, I just love the car so much I feel compelled to speak in its defense :-)

BTW, like I mentioned I have other fast cars to scare me straight, and used to ride road bikes, and get good seat time in other cars faster than the GT3. I wasn't expecting it to feel fast in comparison, and while it isn't *slow*, I wasn't thrown back into the seat. But the engine sound, oh man.... and the feel, it was truly superb. Brilliant. We're blessed with lots of awesome twisty roads out here - so while I truly love banging on in a straight line, given a choice I prefer cornering performance.

If you didn't like the GT3, definitely don't drive a Lotus!

-- Gordie

Old 12-20-2011, 02:58 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
On the basis of me always relying on the expertise of people entertaining themselves with 'spirited' and most likely careless drives on public roads, mostly along with other cars having matching painted lips on their rims in cars they 'can't afford' over listening to actual track junkies, I will immediately remove the GT3 from my wanted list.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
On the basis of me always relying on the expertise of people entertaining themselves with 'spirited' and most likely careless drives on public roads, mostly along with other cars having matching painted lips on their rims in cars they 'can't afford' over listening to actual track junkies, I will immediately remove the GT3 from my wanted list.
hmm just do it the other way round and remove those people from the GT3
e.g ban

Quick Reply: Drove a GT3 for the first time....got let down