Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to make the jump from a Boxster Spyder...school me on GT3 and GT3RS .1 and .2

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!mile2424 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Looking to make the jump from a Boxster Spyder...school me on GT3 and GT3RS .1 and .2

Hi guys,

Currently I am in a Boxster Spyder PDK which I love, but am contemplating making the move to a slightly pre owned GT3 or RS. I really miss the manual trans as great as the PDK is. I would prefer the mk 2 styling and I think these are a little more road compliant for every day driving as well? This wouldn't be my DD, but I would definitely be using it on the street much more than the track. Maybe a few DE's per year but nothing serious. Thoughts and suggestions? Must have options?

Old 12-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
GT3RS mkII

Old 12-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
You will never look back. Do it soon and drive it. You will know within the first 5 seconds. And it will be more fun than our dribble opinions.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
i say drive before you buy

Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
lumber is on a distinguished roadlumber is on a distinguished roadlumber is on a distinguished roadlumber is on a distinguished road
I did exactly that. Went from a spyder to a 10 rs. While the spyder was a great car, it lacked the look and rawness the rs offers.
And the exhaust sound alone (sw bypass) is reason enough...

Mine is used primarily on the street...

Old 12-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Good jump! I can't tell you much but after driving my friends 997 GT3 I can certainly say they're amazing cars.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Member
brim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of light
I'd say drive it a bunch first. I don't think either GT3 or RS are good street cars. Too fast to be used legally and really raw. I love mine, but it's a 20/80 street/track car. A spyder is an amazing car, especially for the street.