Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Teamspeed Porsche 997 GT3RS 4.0 Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Th3oZ
Do you think he crashed because the wheel broke off or the wheel broke off because of the crash?

I have heard (and seen) multiple GT3.2 and RS having problems with loosing wheels...
I have too. It is partially a user error in the torque of the wheel. But it isn't fun.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
How common is this issue? Is this simply a case of the owners or tyre shop not re-fitting wheels correctly or a design flaw? I would hate this to happen!! almost definatly going to damage your pride and joy and could easily hurt someone or worse!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Both

Old 06-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
Thanks for the reply GTCole, is there any more information in the public domain regarding this design flaw? While being careful not to blow these things out of proportion, does anyone know how many instances of this type of wheel loss have occurred? I must admit to being a little concerned, I have 5ft breaker bar and a similar size wrench, but a hesitant to use them until I understand what is actually happening out there.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
This number won't be made public. Porsche is quick to take care of a problem. They shine in that area. Make sure the wheels are torqued exactly to spec. Not close, exact.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
Thanks, I will make sure that I am extremely careful if I need to re-fit wheels. Is there still a design issue other than the revised torque settings recall of last year? If you would rather converse off forum I understand.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GTCole
How bad?
Bad....What are you thinking?

Old 06-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
You need to play with QDOG and get a blue one. But it won't be cheap.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Karter01 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
LOL, lately my garage has been filled with everything but. I need to visit chateau de Cole to get my Porsche fix now.

Last edited by Karter01; 06-26-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official Teamspeed Porsche 997 GT3RS 4.0 Picture Thread