Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Porsche 911 GT2 RS - 900 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
GLWS! she is a beauty

Old 10-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
^ You already sold your 2RS?
4.0 is the car to have

And I tried to miss the steepest part of the depreciation curve which is going vertical the wrong way. Porsche simply priced the 2RS too high and some people (me) were dumb enough to talk themselves into ignoring that possibility.

2RS is an incredible car. I loved mine and wish OP nothing but the best in his sale. Black is the color to have unless you want 458 style attention from everybody.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Yoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by savyboy
Wrong seats + wart + current market conditions = $210k maybe if you are super lucky, $195ish if unlucky. Sorry for the bad news. It is a pretty car in black and that is about the only color you could drive it on the street and not get inundated with looky-loos.

These will be good values once they get to low 100's. Porsche plucked the low-hanging fruit on the initial sale. No one else to sell to at original prices.

Not haterade, ask me how I know
It has amazed me how the reality market price value vs original sale price of all 997 GT2's and now this GT2 RS have been dropping so steep so quick. Is it because Porsche just asked too much for these in the first place ie..plucked the low hanging fruit? It will be interesting to see how the 4.0 GT3 RS compares to the GT2 RS in depreciation over the same amount of time.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
It will be interesting to see how the 4.0 GT3 RS compares to the GT2 RS in depreciation over the same amount of time.
4.0RS has 3.8RS below it, which has .1RS, and then a bunch of .2GT3, .1GT3 and 6GT3 below it. It has a lot of cushion to prevent its price from big drop.