Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head of Porsche Motorsport Hartmut Kristen on the future of Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 06:20 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Head of Porsche Motorsport Hartmut Kristen on the future of Motorsports

Head of Porsche Motorsport Hartmut Kristen on the future of Motorsports
Head of Porsche Motorsport, Hartmut Kristen, chat with Gordon Robertson on technology transfer from track to road and future developments in the world of racing. Enjoy the video!

Source [youtube via porsche ]

Frankfurt Motor Show: The Future of Motorsports - YouTube

Old 09-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I can't wait for their LMP1 car. I'm gonna try all I can to make it to Le Mans in 2014.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
^^Agreed! it is great new's that they are coming back! Le Mans would be fantastic to go to!

Old 09-25-2011, 05:51 AM
lgl
Teamspeed Member
lgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Carrera
I can't wait for their LMP1 car. I'm gonna try all I can to make it to Le Mans in 2014.
Hi Carrera, If you can make it, I'll be glad to be your host. When in Normandy I live 1 hour drive from Le Mans. I may even be able to drive you on the Bugatti with my RS 4.0 or a Carrera Cup. Be in touch!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lgl
Hi Carrera, If you can make it, I'll be glad to be your host. When in Normandy I live 1 hour drive from Le Mans. I may even be able to drive you on the Bugatti with my RS 4.0 or a Carrera Cup. Be in touch!
I don't even know what to say! That would be a phenomenal trip! all the more reason to do it! You sir are a legend.

Also, I just realized, 2014 will be the first season of the 991 RSR. All the more reason to go!

Last edited by Carrera; 09-25-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:21 PM
lgl
Teamspeed Member
lgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Carrera
I don't even know what to say! That would be a phenomenal trip! all the more reason to do it! You sir are a legend.

Also, I just realized, 2014 will be the first season of the 991 RSR. All the more reason to go!
Allright! Keep in touch..
I do not know about the 991 RSR? Don't you think they will not jump directly to a GT2/3 (so called project 961 mid-engine) based on what Matthias call the Ferrari fighter?
I'm close to an official Porsche racing team who just won today the 2011 GT AM Le Mans Series title at the last leg in Estoril, Portugal and can elaborate off line on this.
Whatever it's going to be, I'm heading to Zuffenhaussen in a couple of weeks to get MY 997 RS 4.0. I'll post pics...

Last edited by lgl; 09-25-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by lgl
Allright! Keep in touch..
I do not know about the 991 RSR? Don't you think they will not jump directly to a GT2/3 (so called project 961 mid-engine) based on what Matthias call the Ferrari fighter?
I'm close to an official Porsche racing team who just won today the 2011 GT AM Le Mans Series title at the last leg in Estoril, Portugal and can elaborate off line on this.
Whatever it's going to be, I'm heading to Zuffenhaussen in a couple of weeks to get MY 997 RS 4.0. I'll post pics...
Will do!

Porsche says that the 2013 racing season will be the last racing season for the 997. So, that means the 991 Cup car will debut for the 2014 season. I would assume that Porsche would also debut a 991 RSR for the 2014 season, but as you said, I don't think it would be too far fetched for the 991 to race in GT3, and the 961 to do the GT2 work. I'd be happy either way.

I can't wait to see the pictures of your RS 4.0!