Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gorgeous PTS Turquoise Blue Carrera GTS & SharkWerks Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous PTS Turquoise Blue Carrera GTS & SharkWerks Exhaust

This special Carrera GTS was ordered PTS (paint-to-sample) in Blue Turquoise (3AS) with red belts and gauges as well as the sport bucket seats and driven by a 6speed too! Already outfitted with the PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust) it was given a more aggressive exhaust note with the SharkWerks Exhaust.

The blue goes with a few of the other fruit loops in the shop that day:

On the lift she goes:

Once up in the air here's a shot of the souped up 9A1 engine and the three piece PSE exhaust:

The center section is what's about to be replaced. This piece is the same one as found on any 2009+ 997.2 and on the inside has two sharp (and restrictive) 180 degree bends. Straighten those out and you get better flow and sound.

And here's your lighter, louder and better flowing replacement:

Off with the factory unit!

And installed with the PSE again (and you can re-use the factory tips):

Ready to go home:

And a quick clip of the start up:
SharkWerks Porsche Exhaust for Porsche Carrera GTS - YouTube

Old 09-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
stellar color...!

Old 09-23-2011, 06:28 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I am absolutely in love with the GTS. Such an awesome car. Every time I see the side of a GTS or GT2RS it always has thread from the wash cloth stuck to the sticker

Last edited by 65°V12; 09-23-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
what a car! You just have to love this color!
Funny I got used to the new 991 side profile so much that when I look at this, it reminds me of the classic ur 911! I'm serious.

The sound is very mechanical, very M3 CSL, I kinda like it.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
I love it. Now lets get those side skirts and front lip painted

Old 09-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
I love it. Now lets get those side skirts and front lip painted
Have to disagree there, those skirts and lip look so much better (sportier) in the black. Painted sides and lip just look prissy and fragile.

But this is one HOT GTS...I'd swap it with mine, just want my clear tails to come with me.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:04 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
IMO the 997 generation will go down as the best looking for the entire range. I love most 993's better but every single 997 I see makes me weak at the knees. I saw a white Carrera today and I thought to myself how perfect of a car it is. The 991's do absolutely nothing for me.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really nice
Good GOD!

-AJ

Old 09-24-2011, 02:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
such a beautiful colour, sounds great too

Old 09-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning color and good sounding exhaust!

Quick Reply: Gorgeous PTS Turquoise Blue Carrera GTS & SharkWerks Exhaust