Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What wheels should I get on my GT2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 3RS4.0
Black OZ Ultras look good on a white GT2.
O.Z. Ultraleggera HLT Black Painted

I do like these, but why are they so much cheaper then HRE and are the lighter? I am not very knowledgeable about wheels.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by samuel.g
I wonder what those wheels would look like on a 2rs, think they would look good?

Not my style based on this pic, but might look good on the car though.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Those look good but not enough to make the change. I do agree about getting the lips painted it looks kind of funny the way it is now. How much lighter are these wheels and are all OZ wheels lighter then the stock ones I have?
I'll grant you that the OZ's are not very 'dramatic' looking. I had 20" mesh style HRE's which certainly had some 'wow' factor. Decided to go back to 19"s and got OEM GT2 wheels to put some more rubber between the car and the road. Love them, just a tad heavy. I don't have their exact weights, but they're hefty, certainly heavier than the OZ's.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I do like these, but why are they so much cheaper then HRE and are the lighter? I am not very knowledgeable about wheels.
HREs are forged, OZs are cast, you pay a premium for forged. Forged are supposed to be lighter and stronger.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ynot
HREs are forged, OZs are cast, you pay a premium for forged. Forged are supposed to be lighter and stronger.
Some of the OZ's are cast. Superforgiata's are...well....forged

Old 09-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
EA67 has a spectacular aura aboutEA67 has a spectacular aura aboutEA67 has a spectacular aura aboutEA67 has a spectacular aura aboutEA67 has a spectacular aura aboutEA67 has a spectacular aura aboutEA67 has a spectacular aura aboutEA67 has a spectacular aura aboutEA67 has a spectacular aura aboutEA67 has a spectacular aura aboutEA67 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gt2urbo
gte some bbs e88
+1 for that or the BBS F.I jaw dropping wheels

Old 09-18-2011, 04:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If I were to replace stock GT2 rims, they would have to be lighter than the OEM ones (about 24lbs front and 32lbs rear)

OZ Superforgiata

Front - 19x8.5, 16.5lbs, $1,199 each
Rear - 19x11, 19.4lbs, $1,239 each

OZ Ultraleggera

Front -19x8.5, 21.6lbs, $439 each
Rear - 19x12, 26.0lbs, $519 each

Old 09-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
BBS FI? Heard they are hard to get though.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
OZ make good wheels. They are the OEM wheel for the Lambo superleggera.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:39 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Bbs F1

Quick Reply: What wheels should I get on my GT2?