Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got it! My GT3 RS 4.0 is here!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Member
terrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond repute
Finally got it! My GT3 RS 4.0 is here!!

Finally got it!
Another 4.0 joins Teamspeed, maybe the first one in the US?

First drive was underwhelming as I had to pick it up on the street from the trucker and drove 5 mins home on narrow roads in traffic. Second drive was much better as I drove in the canyons and the car actually had to turn and brake.

Third time, I discovered the Sport button, and the car was transformed. Loved the exhaust sound. Reminded me of my 2007 RS, but this one I do not have to unplug the vacuum hose. It is louder from start. Power is definitely very noticeable from my modified 997.2 (exhaust, plenum, filter, forged wheels), and I haven't even revved it over 5 yet. I revved it to 4500 and started giggling uncontrollably.

Comparison: The 458 is quicker anywhere and everywhere, shifts faster and smoother, will most probably post better lap times by anyone (especially an average driver), turns head more, and much more comfortable. The RS is much more "fun" to drive because of the involvement (clutch and stick, steering feel, compact size, etc). The immediacy of its responses to driver inputs (throttle response, braking, steering, etc) is what sets it apart from the 458, and from pretty much anything else you can buy for the street.

Summary: The 458 is a great car to own, to look at, and to drive DD, while the 4.0 is the car I would want to take out for a drive early in the morning or late at night just for the hell of driving, with no destination needed.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
More pics and congrats!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:12 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Terrence!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Congrats on your new car!! Enjoy it in good health

Old 09-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Kidhaa is on a distinguished roadKidhaa is on a distinguished roadKidhaa is on a distinguished road
Nice!
I'm two weeks away and time has really slowed down now

Old 09-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats. Beautiful ^car and love the white wheels.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Congrats, it looks fantastic!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the mini-review Terrence! Looks awesome! Go ahead, drive a few miles to warm the engine and let's hear how the engine performs and sounds all the way to redline? Methinks this will be a classic car to own for many years. Congrats. Should have mine in a couple more weeks.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Terrence, she looks gorgeous. more pics please!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Great spec. Enjoy!!

Quick Reply: Finally got it! My GT3 RS 4.0 is here!!