Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lager's Red Devil - 997 GT2

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Arena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond repute
Got a question

Congrats first and quick question, comparing to a 997 Turbo or a 996 GT2 how is she? Traction issues in second if you don't pedal her or does she just hook? Beautiful car man! Can't wait to drive one. J

Last edited by Arena; 05-12-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ArenaMotorGroup
Congrats first and quick question, comparing to a 997 Turbo or a 996 GT2 how is she? Traction issues in second if you don't pedal her or does she just hook? Beautiful car man! Can't wait to drive one. J
This car is nAsTy! It has a way different feel then the TT did.

Obviously first off you don't feel any of the power through your steering wheel w/o the all wheel drive. This makes it feel very light & nimble, especially coming on the power out of corners...but it also makes you a lot more cautious to not end up pointing the other direction.

The power deliver, be it nasty, it SO SMOOTH! Maybe it is lighter internals, but the way it comes on isn't like the TT snap, it feels like you have an extended rpm range even though you don't & the tq is the same. You can really hear the turbo's come on/off too. It's hard to hear the exhaust as a driver but my buddy followed me home & said when I exited the highway & got on it hard, the sound was evil.

The suspension is a lot stiffer, if you turn the psm on you could feel a nickel on the road. That being said with it off it seems in between the TT on/off setting. Very comfortable on the highway.

The seats have huge support & zero adjustment other then sliding front/back. You need to dig your bum as far back into it for them to be comfortable...although they look killer & track support will be wicked, this is maybe the only thing I question.

I haven't tried the launch assist yet.

The cup tires are like super glue! The brakes must send 5G when stomped from 200km/hr.

This car feels low, looks low. Very little clearance in the front. The GT2 looks completely different in person. In pictures I always thought the wing was ugly but it fits the car perfectly. The lines on this car, the big meats in the back, the low ride height & maybe the Guards Red make this car a stunning, evil yet understated supercar/exotic. I have always been a big fan of the F430 & like the look of the new LP560, but in person this car is so much more then I expected...and I expected a lot. I'll tell you one thing...it can't be driven slow!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
I also drove it back to back with a Gallardo e-gear yesterday. The Lambo felt heavy & slow when I got in it. After about a 20min drive the & back into the GT2 I was in heaven again. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Arena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond reputeArena has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks

Sick,sick,sick!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the write up! Very cool to see how it compares with the TT.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
Speedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to allSpeedware is a name known to all
Wow!!

Old 05-13-2008, 01:09 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I'd get this over a scuderia or a superleggera, the red with black is just spicy hot and I really enjoyed reading your narrative.

What I like about the GT2 is the fact that its punchy and handles similar to the GT3 but has power nearly immediately and in an insane way.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
enjoy the write up on the GT2. like the comparison between the GT2 and the TT and gallardo. how many miles you got so far? looking forward to new pictures (hint hint)

Old 05-13-2008, 01:17 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Lager try and get some good pics for me if you can my man!
Many congrats again on the GT2!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Had to read it twice

So on 997 GT2's they put PSM back in, thats sick. Does it have the option of Sport Suspension to? Thanks, J
p.s +1 w/ MeanMachine, the car to own. I just sold Mike Levitas's 997 GT3 which he set the suspension up on(24hr rolex champ in Porsche) and the car felt so much lighter in the wheel hence no AWD and was the "BEST" handling car I have ever driven, I can only imagine with GT2 power what its like. Again thanks Lager sickest car ever......

Last edited by Arena; 05-13-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Lager's Red Devil - 997 GT2