Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best sounding exhaust/bypass for .2RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sayyar is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by zooyorker
Guys,

I have just fitted the GMG muffler bypass to my .2RS, and believe me it sounds truly amazing. You really cannot rely on Youtube videos.

Im not sure that the RSS "x-pipe" is an actual an x-pipe seeing as it only "x-es" right before the tips. And to be honest, as big as a sharkwerks fan I may be, the GMG product looks better and cleaner. It is also larger diameter if I am not mistaken.

One thing I really love about the GMG exhaust is that the pipe diameter increases while going towards the tips, which creates a trumpet-like shape, and of course enhanced sound. Another thing is that the system is modular and you can always add their awesome headers and cats to make it even louder and gain a ton of horsepower thanks to the sportcats, I might go for that setup somewhere down the road! This actually allows you to keep the flaps functional, as the side mufflers are stock and untouched!

Now... I absolutely adore the track exhaust aswell and I think this is the video that comes closest to what it must sound like. If you have heard a muffler bypass once, it is easier to imagine what a youtube video might sound like because you know how much of the sound is lost. Sound-wise it is in my top 3:

YouTube - ‪"The Colonel" GT3RS Build at RSS - Stuttgart Performance‬‏

Then I guess another fantastic product is the cargraphic stuff. They always sound great! The full 3RS exhausts include headers, side muffler bypass and the center muffler bypass, so very loud. They do however feature their own flaps which is great. Obviously raspier (racecar sound)but also top 3!!

YouTube - ‪RSS 2011 GT3RS - Cargraphic Kit 6 Lightweight Version‬‏

YouTube - ‪GT3 RS Build at RSS / Stuttgart Performance "The Angry Pumpkin"‬‏

I hope I could help!

Best regards,
Yannick

The First video!!!
This white RS probably has the best Sound I have ever heard... BEST Exhaust sound by far! Very unique couldn't find anything that can match it....
I think I have made up my mind.
Thumbs-up for Sharkwerks Track Exhaust!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Hehe thanks for the support guys and indeed the track system is really just that... it's for race/track only cars Or of course for guys with big-balls:P

YouTube - ‪SharkWerks Porsche 997 GT3 Track Exhaust System‬‏
YouTube - ‪SharkWerks Porsche 997 GT3 Race Exhaust & 3.9L Conversion‬‏
YouTube - ‪FredSF @ laguna Seca GT3RS‬‏

For me? I'm a street guy so I run
YouTube - ‪SharkWerks 2010 Porsche 997 GT3 with SharkWerks Exhaust System‬‏

We just sold a track exhaust system for a 4.0RS so once I get video of it in a couple of months time I'll hopefully be able to post it

Old 07-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
YouTube - ‪2011 Porsche GT3 RS with GMG Sport Center Section exhaust‬‏

GMG sounds the best, imo. It seems to keep the original 'sound' of the GT3 but amplifies it. Other exhausts just sound way too different from the stock exhaust.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
milkee_0923 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is another video of the sharkwerks track exhaust i found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F3lh...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Sayyar

The First video!!!
This white RS probably has the best Sound I have ever heard... BEST Exhaust sound by far! Very unique couldn't find anything that can match it....
I think I have made up my mind.
Thumbs-up for Sharkwerks Track Exhaust!
Make no mistake, the Sharkwerks Track Exhaust is LOUD. You will loose low end power and torque with this system. If you drive it on the street. Anything below 3800-4000 RPM, your stepping backwards.

Now is its track only or most only track use (as the can in teh video is used) than great system. Save lost of weight, great cup car sound, more power at upper RPM band.

Oh ya, the white car in the video is for sale.

-Troy

Old 07-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
I cant imagine how loud sharkweks track exhaust is. I have cargraphic full exhaust with sidemuffler bypass och centrebypass. But i still have flaps (if i want to be somewhat quiet) and racecats. When i unplugg the exhaust (flaps open all the time) it is extremely loud. you could wake up the dead. The sharwerks track must be insanely loud.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to revive an old thread, but rather than start a new one...

Do folks find that either the GMG or SW drone at highway speeds? I don't mind loud. I just don't want a headache after an hour at 80mph either.

Thx!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Sharkwerks Smoky go nowhere else I have had 2 of Alex's bypass systems on my .2 GT3 and my C2S

Old 12-19-2011, 11:46 PM
TYE
Teamspeed Rookie
TYE is an unknown quantity at this point
Sharkwerks Track Exhaust is my recommendation. For those that are curious how loud is loud, WOT you will scare people, but if you keep it between 2800-3200 RPMS, you can cruise around and easily have a conversation in the car or listen to the radio. Being this is not a daily driver for me, I like being able to get into the car and have that cup car sound, not to mention the weight reduction out back.

Cruising on the Highway. Wanted to demonstrate how liveable this exhaust is when you keep it between 2800-3200 rpms on the highway.

Sharkwerks GT3 Track Exhaust Highway Cruise - YouTube

I can easily listen to my music driving down the freeway. Again, its all in how u drive it, yes there are times were its loud inside depending what rpm Im holding at, but if its at an rpm where the exhaust is particularly loud, ill just shift gears to put me out of that rpm range (usually down shift to bump the rpms up into the sweetspot u saw in the video). I know at the end of the day its all personal preference and what we consider tolerable, but for me I wouldnt put anything other then the track exhaust on.

2nd Gear Pull, shot from inside
GT3 Track Exhaust 2nd Gear Acceleration - YouTube

1st Gear Pull, shot from inside
GT3 track exhaust 1st gear - YouTube

***I am not affiliated to Sharkwerks in any way, I am just trying to provide information for those considering exhaust options on the GT3. I know when I conducted my search there was not a lot of info on the track exhaust in particular other then people saying "Its Loud, get the bypass." So Im just trying to provide examples that hopefully help you in your decision making process. The videos I posted sound more realistic when heard through a good set of speakers, preferably with a sub-woofer. ***

Quick Reply: Best sounding exhaust/bypass for .2RS