Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche returns to Le Mans in 2014

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCay
918RSR is not a LM car. It would lose. Badly.
Yeah, I don't think it would fair too well.

I was speaking of a race debut at the 24 Hours of Nuerburgring. Porsche said they really want to start testing the 918 RSR in motorsport. After that, they can refine the Hybrid system, apply it to even more race cars, and bring the Spyder much closer to production.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I did a bit of searching to find out more about Porsche's last top class LMP project, the LMP-2000, which was cancelled, and as we know the V10 engine in the car was further developed and found its way into the Carrera GT.

Apparently the V10 engine was originally developed in 1992 for an F1 car, so it wouldn't be wrong at all to say the Carrera GT has an F1 inspired sound.

Plenty of interesting points, though I'm not sure if all are true, in this article.

Mulsanne's Corner: Porsche LMP1 '99-'00

Last edited by Carrera; 07-26-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
New video and web special up celebrating their history at Le Mans.

Porsche in Le Mans - The Early Years - YouTube

Le Mans - 24 Hours at the Limit

Old 12-30-2011, 03:51 PM
lgl
Teamspeed Member
lgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Carrera
Oh okay good, I saw him on one of the Audi Werks sites, and briefly assumed he was there for Audi now. He is my favorite current driver. He's going to dominate Le Mans 2014 with Luhr, Lieb, Dumas, and others. It will be great if they field three cars. Supposedly Toyota is making a Le Mans comeback as well. Prototype racing is about to get really exciting.
It's official now. An announcement was made by Toyota: TMG (Toyota Motorsport GmbH) will test the new LMP1 Hybrid Toyota for strictly private run on HTT Paul Ricard next Jan. 25-27. Got to be a gazoline hybrid. Personnaly I believe that a gazoline hybrid can beat current (I said current) Peugeot/Audi turbo diesel tech. As dallascajun said earlier on this thread Porsche has a green light from Piech to race Audi with a different technology and they will! vs Toyota and others! Exciting. See you in Le Mans Carrera...Yes Exciting...
Here's the TMG Toyota

Last edited by lgl; 06-22-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I agree. It will be interesting to see what Toyota can do. Considering the Toyota could possibly beat the current cars, I think it would be perfectly competitive if it ever races, considering the diesels are going consistently slower each year in the wake of regulations.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lgl
It's official now. An announcement was made by Toyota: TMG (Toyota Motorsport GmbH) will test the new LMP1 Hybrid Toyota for strictly private run on HTT Paul Ricard next Jan. 25-27. Got to be a gazoline hybrid. Personnaly I believe that a gazoline hybrid can beat current (I said current) Peugeot/Audi turbo diesel tech. As dallascajun said earlier on this thread Porsche has a green light from Piech to race Audi with a different technology and they will! vs Toyota and others! Exciting. See you in Le Mans Carrera...Yes Exciting...
Here's the TMG Toyota
Freaking awesome post! This year is looking pretty spectacular. Toyota has had very competitive cars in the past. Now all we need are Mercedes, and maybe one other manufacturer to complete the spread.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ Supposedly Jaguar is coming back as well...

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/u...0%A2_4613.html

Old 12-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Great news. It would be even better if they continued to compete in LMP every year. Don't quit again.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:37 PM
lgl
Teamspeed Member
lgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Carrera
I agree. It will be interesting to see what Toyota can do. Considering the Toyota could possibly beat the current cars, I think it would be perfectly competitive if it ever races, considering the diesels are going consistently slower each year in the wake of regulations.
Toyota LMP1 TS030 Update.
We agree that new technology and regulations will make Diesel part of the past in the years to come. Interesting enough Toyota has tested intensively last week at the Paul Ricard HTTT race track in Provence, South of France, his new LMP1 Proto.
San Kinoshita, President of Toyota Racing, Pascal Vasselon, Tech. Dir. and pilots Lapierre/Wurz/Nakajima all confirmed (of course) that the new THS-R (Toyota Hybrid System Racing) did perform (no numbers yet) very well.
We are all waiting to know about the Porsche LMP1 first move and the pressure is on as Toyota is already testing! See you in 2014 in Le Mans!!!
Here's some pics:

Last edited by lgl; 06-22-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I'm in love with this new Toyota. I think it will be a good competitor to the Audi now that Peugeot has dropped out.

Quick Reply: Porsche returns to Le Mans in 2014