Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche returns to Le Mans in 2014

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 01:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Spyderman is on a distinguished roadSpyderman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wtdoom
All vw products with a mid engine ( gallardo replacement , r8 replacement ) will have a new porsche designed chassis . this is from the very very top and confirmed in group .
Correct!...and this is why there is hope that there will in fact be a 960. Unfortunately it is still about three years down the line.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
so we do get to here some of the same info! i have a letter of intent regarding the new possible 991 gt3/rs and the 960 at my dealership, ive been driveing gt3/rs since 2000 and like a lot of members a passionate porshe man! but as with the motersport situation, am ready for something new to come along to get the juices flowing again! i hope they offer two versions of the 960 to customers comfort/clubsport as ferrari do with scuderia etc,on a different note i was at silverstone a couple of weeks back talking to a lamborghini test driver at the super trofeo and he was saying the new gallardo is going to be something else!! interesting times ahead in that segment of the market

Old 06-22-2012, 12:48 PM
lgl
Teamspeed Member
lgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura about
I'm ready for a GT1 mid engine Porsche! Hurry up! 2014 would be nice...

Old 06-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I feel like this thread has turned into a pissing contest of who knows more and has the best sources.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Spyderman is on a distinguished roadSpyderman is on a distinguished road
Apologies if I gave that impression. Just trying to informative and generate conversation.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
some of us are in a position to hear information that gets leaked ,it might not all be correct but its what helps teamspeed to be one of the most active sources, with people from all over chatting about what we all have in common and without that it wouldn't exsist!

Old 06-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Can't a guy talk a little shit any more?

Old 06-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Brad Brownell is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm getting excited. Only two years away!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
two years away from what ?..

Yes, this thread has turned a bit strange..but what I dont really understand: Porsche has taken the 2nd place in Le Mans (and with a little more luck and better drivers; by the way, an argument I really put against Porsche - compared to Ferrari they have second class drivers) and were still hammering on them. Yes, I know, competition has become more fierce..but personally I would doubt that a 991 RSR would change much...a small boxer engine is still not as good as a big V8, V10 etc.

PS: I personally believe there will be no 960..why? when Porsche launched the Macan - it was clearly said that there will be no other new model..the baby boxster has already been cancelled..

Besides, where should this 960 be perfomance wise? - with regard to road cars the "best 991" will already be getting close to the 918..in fact the GT2RS does that already..and to be on par with a 458 and a Gallardo you will still be fine with a GT2RS..and there is still some "room"..

I agree that for Le Mans, Porsche should build a 960..but it will never built such a car just for Le Mans..either also a road going version - or nothing.

Anyway,lets hope whatever it will be called, 918, 991, 997, 960 ..that it will be able to win in Le Mans..in its class..

Old 06-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
two years away from what ?..
Two years away until Porsche returns to the top LMP1 class to claim their 17th overall victory at Le Mans. That's the main topic of this thread.

We all just kind of got sidetracked on the GT class due to the fact that Porsches are slowly being outclassed in GT.

Last edited by Carrera; 06-25-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Porsche returns to Le Mans in 2014