Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

♦ Sonic MS | Akrapovic EVO Porsche GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute

Ranger

Old 06-19-2011, 03:20 AM
a_Y
Teamspeed Junior Member
a_Y is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by NeverFastEnough
Sounds great. Have you or any of the people you know with the Akrapovic Evolution systems had to "remap the ECU" (to avoid the CEL coming on) as the Akrapovic homepage suggests?
i didnt remap my car and no CEL. but i have heard its becuz my car is euro car and not US car.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
NeverFastEnough is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by a_Y
i didnt remap my car and no CEL. but i have heard its becuz my car is euro car and not US car.
Thanks for the info. I noticed on the Sonic MS webpage they offer the Evolution Exhaust with either 100 or 200 cpsi cats for the 997.2 but not the 997.1. I would be interested to find out why. I would assume the CEL issue (with NA spec cars, but I thought that NA cars just did not get the plastic window, roll cage, certain seats and the clear side markers...but can be added, of course; all else was the same (?)). From what I have read on many previous postings on other forums most (if not all (?)) 200 cpsi cats are OK but 100 cpsi cats can cause CEL issues (without the ecu remap).

Last edited by NeverFastEnough; 06-19-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Cal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the info. I noticed on the Sonic MS webpage they offer the Evolution Exhaust with either 100 or 200 cpsi cats for the 997.2 but not the 997.1. I would be interested to find out why. I would assume the CEL issue (with NA spec cars, but I thought that NA cars just did not get the plastic window, roll cage, certain seats and the clear side markers...but can be added, of course; all else was the same (?)). From what I have read on many previous postings on other forums most (if not all (?)) 200 cpsi cats are OK but 100 cpsi cats can cause CEL issues (without the ecu remap).
Unfortunately I've clarified with Akrapovic and that was a listing error on our site, we do apologize for the confusion and will have this fixed ASAP.

The Evolution System (including race spec) for the GT3RS (997.1 / 997.2) only come with 100PSI cats option, there is no 200 PSI cats option available.

Even if Akrapovic did supply a 200PSI cats option, they stated that the car would still be susceptible to the CEL issue w/o a complementing ECU remap. In any event, this is not applicable to the Akrapovic Evolution system for the GT3RS.

In regards to a ECU remap option, Akrapovic North America recommends Evolution Motorsports.

Last edited by Cal@Sonic MS; 06-20-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
NeverFastEnough is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS
Even if Akrapovic did supply a 200PSI cats option, they stated that the car would still be susceptible to the CEL issue w/o a complementing ECU remap. In any event, this is not applicable to the Akrapovic Evolution system for the GT3RS.
Thanks for the reply, but I am a bit confused...does this mean the GT3RS or only the GT3 really needs the remap to get rid of the CEL issue?

I do not want to be picky but I have always liked the Akrapovic sound. On my last 997.1 GT3 I had the Sharkwerks muffler bypass and it was great, but I am looking into potentially getting a 997.2 GT3RS (more likely) or a GT3RS 4.0 (wishful thinking!...ie. NOT likely), and I am considering one of the Akrapovic Evolution systems.

Thanks in advance for any further clarification you can find out.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:18 AM
Former Sponsor
Cal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura aboutCal@Sonic MS has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the reply, but I am a bit confused...does this mean the GT3RS or only the GT3 really needs the remap to get rid of the CEL issue?

I do not want to be picky but I have always liked the Akrapovic sound. On my last 997.1 GT3 I had the Sharkwerks muffler bypass and it was great, but I am looking into potentially getting a 997.2 GT3RS (more likely) or a GT3RS 4.0 (wishful thinking!...ie. NOT likely), and I am considering one of the Akrapovic Evolution systems.

Thanks in advance for any further clarification you can find out.
The Akrapovic Evolution System will most likely require a remap to avoid a CEL issue for both the GT3RS and GT3 applications unfortunately (both 997.1 and 997.2).

If you want to avoid this, we recommend considering the Sports Cup exhaust system for the GT3/RS.

Sports Cup exhaust system for Porsche 911 GT3/RS
Hard facts:
plus 8 HP (at 3.970 rpm)
plus 16 Nm (at 4.060 rpm)
minus 21 kg

Last edited by Cal@Sonic MS; 06-22-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS
The Akrapovic Evolution System will most likely require a remap to avoid a CEL issue for both the GT3RS and GT3 applications unfortunately (both 997.1 and 997.2).

If you want to avoid this, we recommend considering the Sports Cup exhaust system for the GT3/RS.

Sports Cup exhaust system for Porsche 911 GT3/RS
Hard facts:
plus 8 HP (at 3.970 rpm)
plus 16 Nm (at 4.060 rpm)
minus 21 kg
The Sports Cup system avoids the cell issue because it doesn't replace cats?

Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by nizer
The Sports Cup system avoids the cell issue because it doesn't replace cats?
That is correct.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:17 PM
a_Y
Teamspeed Junior Member
a_Y is an unknown quantity at this point
how much power are we talking if we do a remap along with the evolution race?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by a_Y
how much power are we talking if we do a remap along with the evolution race?
Approximately 45-50bhp / 35-40 ft.lb of torque depending on the level of octane fuel you have available (91/93 US OCT).

Quick Reply: ♦ Sonic MS | Akrapovic EVO Porsche GT3RS