Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche will soon offer lightweight 20" wheel option

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
GT cars should go back to 18s

Old 06-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by misanors4
the day gt cars are standard with 20's is the day I wont buy one.
u'll be out of cars to buy soon. just saying.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to allYacht Lights is a name known to all
Got 20 inch on my GTS and they work fine.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yacht Lights
Got 20 inch on my GTS and they work fine.
I am sure it just destroyed any ability for it to handle.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Ha ha I remember when I had 17s on my '93 Mustang Cobra and that was a big deal, and "dubs" were for gangster rappers and drug dealers... Now they're standard fare on a sports car. Wow. So glad my next Porsche is going OLD school.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Why wouldn't Porsche offer an even lighter weight 19" for the GT cars?

Ranger

Old 06-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
The new 991 is designed for 20 inch wheels, so anything less (besides the Carrera's 19 inchers) just won't look right. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. If the wheel wells are designed to handle them and they don't look oversized, I think there is no problem. Look how much testing has been done on the 991: thousands of spyshots come from all over the world, and that is only a fraction of the testing that goes on. I don't think Porsche would switch to 20s just for the sake of saying it has 20 inch wheels.

Look how small the 918 Spyder is, and that has 22 inch wheels which look fine.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by misanors4
I have a hard time believing Porsche lost a lot of sales due to people wanting 20's on their vehicles.
You need to spend more time in Newport Beach and La Jolla

Old 06-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nizer
You need to spend more time in Newport Beach and La Jolla
And none of them can make it out of the dealer lot. Just like Miami, every GT2RS was traded because the 19's messed it all up. 20's....whooo just for posers and playerz duder.

Oddly enough I had 20's on my 997, CLK Amg, E430, all three of the M3's, both of the Boxster S's had 19's and my Mothers Buick has 20's.

Yeah, she's rolling. And 83 years old.

And the Ducati is on 18's...

Last edited by Brobbins016; 06-18-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer a slightly smaller wheel with a meatier tire. These gigantic wheels (and their generally associated larger outer diameter tires) are getting a bit out of control in my opinion, and they do not handle as well as smaller wheels and tires.

Quick Reply: Porsche will soon offer lightweight 20" wheel option