Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Porsche 458 Killer"

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
^^I have a dream Porsche I want to share!

I'm sure theres more...
I like your dream Porsche. A lot!

Originally Posted by JCay
You just basically described my car...
Yes, i was thinking of your car when i wrote that. And thinking about all the comments i heard back when i had my Cayman S....poeple would always say, "why doesnt Porsche drop a big motor in this thing - tweak it some and watch the world sit back and say WOW" --- glad you are doing it.

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Okay, I'll bite.

NO- to the Cayman. It is not, nor never will be - on the same level of a 458 platform. Never. Nor should Porsche use the 'CGT' tub. -that's just dumb.

No, Porsche needs to come out with a MID-engined V8, cabin forward design of their own. The materials, fit and finish, sounds and looks- need to be UNMISTAKEABLE Porsche; but not try to 'redo' what they've done before. IT needs to be original, sound amazing at idle, start up and full throttle.

It needs to have a base price and with options that compete with the 458.

and it needs to have the SOUL of the Carrera GT. What I mean by that is; the CGT showed that Porsche is capable of building something completely mind blowingly awesome, exotic and unique. Unlike anything else they've ever done. Something that is cherished. - not taking anything away from the lovely 911- she will always be the 'staple' granddaddy of all Porsche's. But This next car needs to be really something.

AND NOT F&^%ing share ANYTHING with any other platform. FFS Porsche- do NOT do anything with any existing platform.

When Porsche achieves that- You'll have Ferrari guys SERIOUSLY considering Porsche again.
- I told David " you're really a Ferrari guy now" - and he agreed. Yes he loved his Turbos and GT2- but you could see his emotional response to the 458 was firing all his neurons. -that look when a 7 year old get the ULTIMATE toy. And can't wait to wake up and drive it.

Are you listening Porsche? I know you can achieve this. You're PORSCHE. Of COURSE you can! And you SHOULD!!
There he is!!! Glad you bit. I like your ideas and think that is EXACTLY what they need to do.

Now lets see what TPC has in store for us shall we?

Old 06-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!911-CAR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
458killer? Simple,GT3(RS).

Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Chris good ideas. But Porsche please NO V8. We don't need another mid engined V8 supercar, we alreay have the 458 and the MP4-12C. Make the 961 unique and develop a FLAT 8 cylinder engine.

Originally Posted by 911-CAR
458killer? Simple,GT3(RS).
+1

Old 06-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
Chris good ideas. But Porsche please NO V8. We don't need another mid engined V8 supercar, we alreay have the 458 and the MP4-12C. Make the 961 unique and develop a FLAT 8 cylinder engine.

+1
Why try and 1-up the 911? We already have a flat-6. Maybe a smaller V-10? Or a bi-turbo V8?

Old 06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Another vote for the GT2 RS here. Such a phenomenal car...

Old 06-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Two different animals Brother.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Why try and 1-up the 911? We already have a flat-6. Maybe a smaller V-10? Or a bi-turbo V8?
I think that mid engined V8 supercars are becoming way too common these days. We don't need another one. The Gallardo has a V10 which is unique, and the Porsche should be unique as well. A flat 8 would be unique, and not too big. I don't think it would try to one up the 911 because they are totally different cars.

Plus, I'm partial to Porsche's 70's flat 8 and flat 12 cars.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Artzt is an unknown quantity at this point
929?

I had thought that they were calling this project the 929?

Old 06-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
NO- to the Cayman. It is not, nor never will be - on the same level of a 458 platform. Never.
While I don't think that the Cayman platform is quite equal to the F458, I do think it a superior and more modern design than the 911.

For those who may not remember...

The Porsche Cayman platform has only once been raced on the big world stage by the best. In 2007, two private Porsche race houses each entered one Cayman into the 24hr Nurburgring. These were beautiful, full race cars with 3.8L Porsche engines, making over 500HP. Without any long term racing development and zero help form Porsche Motorsport, the ALZEN and Mspeed Caymans qualified 5th & 6th, with the Alzen finishing 4th overall!! This was the very first, and also the last chance for the Cayman to race on the big world stage.

Immediately after the race, Porsche announced that they would permanently withdraw any and all company race support to any race team that continued to race the Cayman platform. If Porsche had not pulled the rug out from under the Cayman race car, this same Cayman chassis design would probably be THE preeminent racing chassis for all of Porsche today and for the last few years.

YouTube - ‪Nordschleife MSpeed Porsche Cayman Onboard Pierre Kaffer (renn.tv)‬‏

Old 06-02-2011, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
^ Those two cars were my inspiration. Alzen's cayman was a 4L GT3 motor. It was for sale a while back which allowed me to get their full list of upgrades. Very impressive.

Quick Reply: "Porsche 458 Killer"