Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Cup Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 12:54 AM
FTS
Teamspeed Rookie
FTS is an unknown quantity at this point
GT3 Cup Experience

I was fortunate to participate in the upcoming GT3 Cup Experience program by PSDS. We had tremendous fun, ton of track time with the Turbos, GT3s and the 2011 GT3 Cup car at Barber Motorsports Park. Great folks, facilities were superb and they treated us with the best that they had, pampering us through the whole day.

The program is normally 2 days, we attended the 1-day pilot program last Friday. Driving the Cup car was a surreal experience for me.

PSDS GT3 Cup Experience on Vimeo

Old 05-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
So cool! Who was your instructor in that vid?
Interesting that you were downshifting in certain areas where they told us hold gear in 'mundane' C2S's

EDIT: Yikes. Just saw the end. PUCKER! lol

Last edited by bonehead; 05-29-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:17 AM
FTS
Teamspeed Rookie
I think his name was Christian, but I may be mistaken, we had several instructors, one for each car, and I am not very good with names.

Yes the end was beyond excitement. I think I came about 2-3 ft from the guardrail, it could have been a very expensive crash. They were very nice about it though, came into pits, put up the air jacks check the car out and we on again for another 4-5 laps, it was awesome.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
MJones is an unknown quantity at this point
That's Cass in the video!

Interesting the hand signal that given on the apex by your
co-driver, Cass.

What did he have to say in your debrief?

BTW where are your gloves?

Old 05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
looks like an absolute blast-glad the end turned out the way it did, as it could have been much worse

Old 05-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
So awesome!

Old 05-30-2011, 11:14 PM
FTS
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by MJones
That's Cass in the video!

Interesting the hand signal that given on the apex by your
co-driver, Cass.

What did he have to say in your debrief?

BTW where are your gloves?
I forgot my gloves at home

He told me that I was rotating the car too much under throttle without being familiar enough with its dynamic, and he was right of course. I had it right the previous couple of laps and this time I just over did it by a fraction of a fraction, and there it went off.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
That sounds like so much fun. I bet it takes Jason about 10 seconds to sign up after he sees this post.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like the experience would be worth every penny. You have to work your way up with the various driving programs to get to the point where you can drive the cup car, right (i.e. earn your race license)?

Old 05-31-2011, 02:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Sweeet! Im sure it was one hell of an experience!

Quick Reply: GT3 Cup Experience