Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.0 The Last RS ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
4.0 The Last RS ?

Im hearing here in Europe that the 4.0 will possibly be the last Porsche RS for the foreseeable future .

The next performance versions of the 911 and the mid engined car that will sit above it will use the GT series model name .

Has anyone heard this in the states ?

Old 05-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
You never know.
I don't think that is too much of a stretch either.

With the new safety regulations, road cars with only 2 airbags etc. Will make it difficult for manufacturers to get sold in the larger first world markets.

The emissions are also just getting tighter and tighter. With everything going the turbocharger route to hit those criteria as well. The odds aren't good. N/A "road-legal" track cars are sadly a dying breed IMO.

Edit: Forgot to add. If you look at BMW, Mercedes, McLaren, Pagani and Koenigsegg have gone the same road. All of them will be turbocharged in the next generation of their engines. We might have a generation left from some manufacturers for N/A engines, but beyond that is anybody's guess. My 2c.

Last edited by Mike S; 05-12-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Could be. We could be damming Porsche for all their models now; but with the new 911 varient coming out- they very well may just have a 'few' models and that's it

Old 05-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
Nope, you're forgetting the 911 Targa GT C4S GTS RS that will undoubtedly be released next month.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
m7mmed MD is on a distinguished roadm7mmed MD is on a distinguished roadm7mmed MD is on a distinguished roadm7mmed MD is on a distinguished roadm7mmed MD is on a distinguished roadm7mmed MD is on a distinguished road
yep there will be a targa RS

Old 05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I doubt it is the last RS. Most likely the last RS for awhile as they typically produce them at the end of a model cycle.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheAudi
Nope, you're forgetting the 911 Targa GT C4S GTS RS that will undoubtedly be released next month.
I think he's talking about the GT3 specifically.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Think dooms point is it will be the last stripped out track pork to use the rs name. There will still be stripped out models just named gt.

Dont see the point in this myself. How will they distinguish between models? My guess is this is possible but only half the story.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheAudi
I'm sorry, did you say something? I can't stop staring at your Avatar

Old 05-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I'm sorry, did you say something? I can't stop staring at your Avatar
I'm right there with you...it took me a few to remember what the topic here was.