Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rjmontoya

Regarding the chris harris video a number of pages back - I'm kinda annoyed on behalf of GT2rs owners at what preuninger says in the video. First of all is it me or does he seem not that excited? Second, I think its a slap in the face to 2RS owners to say that unpainted carbon fiber is lighter and represents lightweight savings - it is obvious they were developing this car while the 2RS was being released and the bare carbon was being praised for its weight savings. Not saying that he is being inaccurate, I just find this all a bunch of annoying bull$hit marketing speak that will ring true until they release the next car with bare carbon again. Also they probably shouldn't have mounted dynamic headlamps if they wanted to save weight.
Unpainted CF parts have been one of the causes for which the 2RS has not been apreciated by Porsche's customers. I assume PAG would not have done the same mistake twice...

I think the GT2 RS has been concieved more like a Grand Turismo car, not a proper extreme track-day car like the 3RS is.
This is probably the reason why they put "strangly heavy" optionals like the dynamic head lamps as standard.

At the end of the they I think that both 2RS and RS4.0 are good chances to get rid of some obsolete 3,6 engines and 997 bodies left in some stock nearby Stuttgart...
What you say about the look of this new RS4.0 is right: they should/could have dared more...

Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
I think the GT2 RS has been concieved more like a Grand Turismo car, not a proper extreme track-day car like the 3RS is.
This is probably the reason why they put "strangly heavy" optionals like the dynamic head lamps as standard.
Just to clarify, the dynamic lights aren't even an option even if you wanted them on the GT2RS. You could only get normal xenon's or at no cost the lighter halogens.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Though I'd rather have a 4.0 RS, the ultimate GT3, I still think the GT2RS is the ultimate 911.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Beefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond repute
I see that the GT3 RS 4.0 is now on the Porsche Configurator, so you can spec one up...

Love it in black...

Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Yoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished roadYoops Racing is on a distinguished road
I luv it...but for the price increase it should have been more Cup like/RSR like in the body appearence. Fortunately GMG and others are coming out with 4.0 upgrades

Old 05-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Here are a few wild colors from the 70's.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:27 PM
SSR
Teamspeed Member
SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
What is the name of the green ?

Old 05-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Charteuse

Old 05-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Carrera
Here are a few wild colors from the 70's.

Amazing! Thanks tomorrow I'll ask if the red in the decals can be switched to black... If the decals must remain in red and grey, then most of these colors are out the window... No?

Old 05-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
3RS4.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Carrera, how different is chartreuse from viper green?

Quick Reply: Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)