Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modify Seat for Harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 04:35 AM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
Modify Seat for Harness

Does anyone know if it is possible to modify the Porsche Sport Seat for a harness.

I wanted to put GT2 seats in, but my dealer has advised against it as I use the car as a DD.

Track days in the UAE are limited to P.club track days and the occassional YAS open day. so probably not as many as you guys in USA do. But my reasons for wanting to use harness are safety orientated and I would also like to begin using a HANS.

I have come across a picture of what seems to be a seat changed to accomplish this, looks like a Gembella mod. I assume that this could only be used with a 4 point, can HANS still be used them?

Any advise would be welcome.

Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2011, 05:36 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of
Best options are either the GT2 seats which are very comfortable and suitable for DD, or the CGT seats which I have in my GT3 which I use everyday and have no problem with the seats even in long drives.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
The seats pictured are a Recaro model and not modified stock seats. You have to use seats that are certified to use harnesses on, along with a rollbar. Your best bet is to buy hans-friendly seats if you're going to run it.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Am fine with the GT2 seats... they're comfy as hell..

Old 03-24-2011, 03:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by hattawi
Am fine with the GT2 seats... they're comfy as hell..
Saif, next time I see you I must try yours.

Grant.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Taffin
Saif, next time I see you I must try yours.

Grant.
Welcome to the team Grant... where did you know about TeamSpeed?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
I don't know how I found this site... I am a member of a few Porsche forums...

Not sure if you know who I am from the name "Taffin" but we attend Porsche Club events together. I have the 997.1 GT3 white with black rims, had a silver Cayman S before that.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ofcourse I know who you are... we're the only active members of the club's Facebook Page

maybe you saw TS on the sticker on my car

Old 03-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by hattawi
Ofcourse I know who you are... we're the only active members of the club's Facebook Page

maybe you saw TS on the sticker on my car
No, did not see sticker on your car, I have only seen the Porsche one across you windshield...

I want to have a sticker of Yas and autodrome layout for my car. I am of to south africa for a few weeks so will try have them made there

Old 03-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Taffin
No, did not see sticker on your car, I have only seen the Porsche one across you windshield...

I want to have a sticker of Yas and autodrome layout for my car. I am of to south africa for a few weeks so will try have them made there
Why when you can have yours done at Fibra Foil in Dubai.. I do all my stickers there... they do great job!!